Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences from a 440 Ho compared to regular 440? And how much reliability difference is there?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I can't say I have ever heard of Polaris making a 440 HO.

On a semi-related note, in the IQ chassis's, Poo uses the 600 carb'ed motor and the 600 CFI motor. In 2007, the technical names of such sleds were a "600 HO IQ F/O" featuring carbs, and a "600 HO IQ CleanFire" with the CFI system. I haven't been able to figure out what the "F/O" stands for, but most people differentiate beetween the two by calling them the 600 HO and the 600 CFI, respectively (even though both are HO's).

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Throughout all the years I'm not sure Polaris ever had more than one 440 per MY, so there has just been a long line of refinements and changes made to "the 440" with the exception of some of the early ProX years.

What you might be thinking of is the consumer 440 sleds and the high compression ProX/IQr 440's? The high comp 440's aren't much different than the consumer 440's. Change the head, jetting and clutching and you're running pump fuel.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've never heard of a 440 HO...just a "440" Depending on what year you are talking about, I mean Polaris has put 440s in their race sleds for many years but never a 440 HO. As powersledder stated above, put different heads, jets, and clutch components in the 440 race motor and you have a sled that will run on premixed pump gas. You can also buy an oil pump for those motors, but you will need to fit an oil bottle and get a throttle cable that has both an oil line on it as well.

Chad

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HO stands for high output and i know they dont make a 440 HO but just 440 high performance and so on in my words HO

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Then in your words, every sled that every manufacturer makes is an HO because nobody would want to buy a low output sled [;)]

Now, what year range are you talking about? You talking about the Indy 440 VS. the XCR 440 SP with the NiCaSil cylinders? or the Pro-X VS. IQ 440?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
prank said:
What are the differences from a 440 Ho compared to regular 440? And how much reliability difference is there?
prank said:
....i know they dont make a 440 HO....
Question asked and answered[beatup]

Like I said, all 440's are just refinements of previous designs throughout the model years. Only majorly different 440 was when they started running high octane fuels in the race sleds but these are easily converted to pump gas and have essentially the same design as the previous/consumer 440's.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Then in your words, every sled that every manufacturer makes is an HO because nobody would want to buy a low output sled [;)]

Now, what year range are you talking about? You talking about the Indy 440 VS. the XCR 440 SP with the NiCaSil cylinders? or the Pro-X VS. IQ 440?
year range like pro-x VS. IQ 440's. So the newER say 04-06 440's in IQ have high compression?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Newer as in 02(or 03??)-07 440 ProX/IQr were high compression and intended for race purposes. But you put a stock 440 low compression head on them to run pump gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts