Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what size the hole is in the bellypan on the wedges that have the drainplug in the chaincase? And is there a rubber plug to stop snow from comeing in?

thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
No draip plug, remove cover let oil go everywhere, or use a suction gun.

·
Registered
286 Posts
the hole in the belly pan is roughly an inch in diameter and there is no plug for it. I have never had any problems with snow coming in.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
There is a drain plug in my chaincase. I don't have a plug on my bellypan either. Don't knpw if there was one there when it was new.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, cool, thanks guys. I am about to drill a hole for the new chaincase (with drain plug) and was just wondering if there was a bellypan plug and i should size it appropriately.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
You could probably use one similar to what they use on the belly pan for the clutch bolt.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
There is no plug in the hole, because where the hole is, the belly pan it tight to the chaincase. If you are drilling a hole somewhere else, you may want a plug, or just a smaller hole. I have about a 1/4 inch hole drilled in mine. But it is still a slobbering mess.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by JD
[br]There is no plug in the hole, because where the hole is, the belly pan it tight to the chaincase. If you are drilling a hole somewhere else, you may want a plug, or just a smaller hole. I have about a 1/4 inch hole drilled in mine. But it is still a slobbering mess.
what do you mean slobering mess, it still gets into the bellyan? I just drilled the hole on the weekend. I only had a 7/8 and 1 1/8 hole saws (the plug is 3/4 if i recall), so i went with 1 1/8 so there is a bit of buffer around the plug for dripping. Haven't tested yet but i figure it should work good as it looks good from underneath.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
eddiejr, you must have installed a chaincase with a plug or installed a drain plug in your existing ca?? I drilled my hole beside the chaincase, in a low spot in the pan. When I say mess, I mean when I pop my cover it doesn't just drain out the hole--it still flows all over the pan. If you have a 7/8 hole, under the plug, it should be clean. But if you still have to pop the cover, it will be a mess.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by JD
[br]eddiejr, you must have installed a chaincase with a plug or installed a drain plug in your existing ca?? I drilled my hole beside the chaincase, in a low spot in the pan. When I say mess, I mean when I pop my cover it doesn't just drain out the hole--it still flows all over the pan. If you have a 7/8 hole, under the plug, it should be clean. But if you still have to pop the cover, it will be a mess.
oh, i see. No, i added a new chaincase with plug and dipstick. Can't believe they didn't think of that earlier!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
why not just put the sled on it side and take the cover off that way alot cleaner then just letting it flow and easier you can stand and do that thats what i did worked slick

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
They didn't come with a plug, The drain is almost flush with the inside of the belly pan. No need to turn on it's side either. Pull plug, let drain. Put it back in, fill up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts