Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres is why my throttle always sticks theres a factory made hole in the airbox and this is the only place fresh air can get into the engine should i be looking into some K&N air filters or something of that sort because this aint a problem only when riding through big drifts or when the snow is really coming down any suggestions i have carborater heaters should i turn those on or should i be closing the vent in my hood during operation in deep snow conditions?
/snofan/../images/users/exciter_man/Air box.jpg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Covering the vents would probably be a good start, at least thats pretty easy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
if your riding in a lot of powder, more than about 2 feet, close your vents, don't worry about it over heating because there is a low of snow on your heat enxchangers and some snow will still be able to get in though the vents probably. One of my friends did that to his exciter because it kept getting clogged with snow, never had a problem over heating after that.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i was told by my dealer to close just my middle vent when riding in deep snow or behind ppl spitting up alot of snow dust.i guess the middle vent would be the only one that is really getting the snow onto the carbs the others can be open to cool it down a bit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts