Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weather is fricken stupid to say the least. I am seriously concidering selling my damn close to new 02 ZR 800 EFI with 69 miles on the ticker. Any idea how much I could get for it? I currently owe about $6500 bucks on it. What do you guys think? For the little amount of snow we have I would be happy with a much smaller (cheaper) sled that wouldn't cost me the equivalent of a car payment every month. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
That sucks man, but considering your situation I guess it makes sense. How buch did you originally buy if for?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid just a touch under 8 grand for it new, which was the best price I could find anywhere. I would also throw in the cover and light shield (yay). I guess I'm just wondering if I have a chance in hell of selling it for what I owe. What a waste.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Jeeze, if you paid just under eight, I would certainly think you'd be able to get $6500 for it. I mean like you say, you've only got 69 miles on the thing....hell, its not even broken in yet. I'd start at $6700 or $6800 and see if you get any bites.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Dude! Your right bettween isabella, MN, and the UP. You trailer for two hours either direction, and you have two of the best riding areas in the midwest! And they BOTH have rideable snow right now...

-Dean

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know...but there lies three problems,

1) No trailer, and no money to buy one
2) No time (work)
3) No tow vehicle even if I had a trailer

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
intendedaccelation,

you have the worlds smallest picture of you and your companion in your profile, I wonder if anybody has eyes good enough to see it ;)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Is that all the mile you put on it last year. I remember that your snow conditions last year sucked but under 100 miles on your ride?

Sorry to hear that, we have lousy snow conditions this year but I have already put on more than 100 miles. Hoping for a 1000 or more this year.

As for the sled you should be able to get that for it if you only have 69 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by pigboy
[br]intendedaccelation,

you have the worlds smallest picture of you and your companion in your profile, I wonder if anybody has eyes good enough to see it ;)
That was the forum software that f-ed that up. Something to do with having a space in the file name from what I remember. I fixed it now though.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Selling off toys because you can't use them...tragic...just tragic...especially in light of it's condition. My heart goes out to ya!

Flange

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's unfortunate that the snow conditions have sucked for the last two years. Hopefully things will change in the next month and the central US will get some well deserved white stuff.
I'd hang onto the sled till at least next year if I were you, all it takes is one good storm and you'll be out on your 800 and loving it!
I don't think you would get much more than 6K for it if you were to sell it now. Check out the link to this monthly auction and the prices.
Pray for snow, I couldn't take not riding any longer I had to tear up some grass on New Years Eve.

[:(]http://www.snowmobileauction.com/DECEMBER.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like Ripperd2 says, you have some of the best riding just hours away in the UP. I would suggest selling that sports car of yours and getting a truck and trailer if that is your problem.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by vmax600
[br]Like Ripperd2 says, you have some of the best riding just hours away in the UP. I would suggest selling that sports car of yours and getting a truck and trailer if that is your problem.
[xx(]

That don't seem practical. Even for me and I don't have a sports car. Everyone knows it's more fun to just ride out of the backdoor then to trailer somewhere all the time.

I know if I had just bought a car like that I sure wouldn't be sellin it for a truck and trailer just for sleddin.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[br]Like Ripperd2 says, you have some of the best riding just hours away in the UP. I would suggest selling that sports car of yours and getting a truck and trailer if that is your problem.
There is no way in hell that the S2000 is going anywhere for a very long time. Imagine the thrill of ripping along your favorite trail at wide open, then multiply that times two and that is what I feel on the commute to work in the S2000. I would not hand over the keys of that car for much, including a porsche boxter S. Besides, P-man is right, trailering in not only a drag, but the salt is not good on your sled either.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
LOL

I knew somethin like that was comin.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Intended, do you know someone in a more rideable area where you could store the sled? You would just have to borrow a trailer once to get it there. Then you drive the sports car to the sled on the weekends or after work to ride.

That's what I do; my sled is 2 1/2 hours away. It's not the ideal situation, but you do what you can in order to ride.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]
[xx(]

That don't seem practical. Even for me and I don't have a sports car. Everyone knows it's more fun to just ride out of the backdoor then to trailer somewhere all the time.

I know if I had just bought a car like that I sure wouldn't be sellin it for a truck and trailer just for sleddin.
Not all of us have the luxury of living near snow so we have to trailer our sleds. Shoot, I drove over 2.5 hrs to get to the UP last week to see some of the white stuff. But if you really want to know what your sled is worth, try going to www.cycletrader.com to see what the comparables are.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[br]
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]
[xx(]

Not all of us have the luxury of living near snow so we have to trailer our sleds. Shoot, I drove over 2.5 hrs to get to the UP last week to see some of the white stuff. But if you really want to know what your sled is worth, try going to www.cycletrader.com to see what the comparables are.
Thanks for the link, although they didn't have an exact match to my sled. They did have a 02 ZR800 EFI Carb brand new for $6,199, so I don't think I could get even 6 for mine. What a shame, looks as though I will have to hang on to it anyhow. Jacqui had a good idea, but I really don't know anyone from out of this area. P-man, want to adopt a sled? [:D]

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, so now the sixteen billion dollar question is what do you think I would get for my sled on trade for a new F7 or REV? The new lighter sleds are pretty sweet, and if I could trade my sled plus like a grand or so I would do it, how realistic do you think that is?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts