Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one got any experience with this product ei ease of assembly, and some actual rider feedback. The articles seem positive but some realworld feedback would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Do a search on this forum for Tempa Flow. It's been discussed extensively in real world applications.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I just put one in. It was easy to put in. Took my time and read the directions 3 times, took me about an hour. My sled runs very well right now in the middle of the summer. Everyone I have discussed the tempaflow with has had excellent results.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I installed the ATACC which is a tempaflow with automatic altitude adj. They aren't bad to install and they work great. I have my sled jetted for -20 at sea level and it runs great even at 7000' and 40 degrees.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
It's a marvelous piece of engineering genius. My works great. Just follow the instructions. Call the manufacturer if you have questions. they're very helpful.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Since you guys have been talking about this I have been following along and reading up on them. I am seriously thinking about getting one. I think it will provide the most bang for the buck as I want my XLT to remain stock but still run its best all the time and anyone who has ever sledded in MI know that our temp is all over the place on any given day. Let me know of any gotcha's if you come across them.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
yeah, they got me thinkin about it too. I know that my sled runs real fat right now, even at 10F.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yah me too. I'm jetted stock for safety after putting almost 2 grand into my engine last year and when it's 30F or more my performance really sucks and my mileage is never very good and I'm reading people are getting better performance and mileage with these things. Almost sounds to good to be true. BTW lots of errors on the site tonight. ODBC, SQL>?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
When I first started looking at them, I had just begun playing with jet sizes to lean out the average running of my engine. I was hoping to get from the 9mpg to say 12 or 13. Well that never happened. But what did happen was I got to 11 mpg and got a much happier engine. Since this was an obvious advantage, it only made sense that if the Tempaflow could keep it running crisp from -20 to +10 without getting gas on my hands it was worth trying. The cool part is, the whole thing revolves around this plastic screw. It is made of derelin (?) or some such thing. It has very precise expansion and contraction properties which Holtzman mapped against temperature. They put it in a tube and use it to manage float bowl pressure to lean and richen the fuel mixture. And the damn thing works. I get a 22% increase in fuel economy. Lets see 22% of $1.75/gal is $0.385/gal @ 11 mpg is $0.035/mile, paid $157 for unit, so I need to ride 4,485 miles to pay for it. Installed it last year and rode 2,500 miles so I have to ride another 2,000 miles or so this year and I'm in the clear. COOL, I gotta go tell my wife the good news, Bye![^]

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got two of them and they work great. Never had any problems, but make sure you watch your plugs to ensure correct jetting once the installation is complete.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well I just bought a tempa flow off ebay so I guess I am going to put one on for sure. I paid more than I wanted to, but still cheaper than new so that's OK.

Will let you know how it works. Come on Snow.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Got my tempa flow today, instructions look pretty straight forward. (After I drill a hole in my carb and cut one in my airbox that is)

Does anyone have any input on the best place to put the hole in the airbox? I am thinkin of drilling the PTO side carb any problems with that location. 97 XLT SP

Thanks,

DA

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]Installed it last year and rode 2,500 miles so I have to ride another 2,000 miles or so this year and I'm in the clear. COOL, I gotta go tell my wife the good news, Bye![^]
LOL[:D] I can relate.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Polaris XLTSP,

I drilled the hole in the front of the air box for the compensator and I drilled the hole for the hose in the back corner by the steering post and put the t connector on the outside of that hole... i hope that makes sense... if not let me know.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The instrument hole was drilled on the front upper "outside" corner for my application. That got me a nice continuous slope down to the carbi. So everything will drain.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Can any of you XLT guys tell me what size jets to get for my Tempa Flow. It says for -20, but my sled is at the farm and my owners manual is at the cabin. My sled is a 97 XLT Special with the VM38 carbs.

I was just at the dealer getting some plugs and oil and I told them I was putting in a Tempa-Flow. The guys just said we don't recommend anything like that and anyway your sled was jetted to run from -20 to +20 on the stock jets. I still tried to buy some 250 jets but they said they don't carry them that big.

So any help

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris XLTSP
[br]I was just at the dealer getting some plugs and oil and I told them I was putting in a Tempa-Flow. The guys just said we don't recommend anything like that and anyway your sled was jetted to run from -20 to +20 on the stock jets. I still tried to buy some 250 jets but they said they don't carry them that big.

So any help
I'm shocked that a dealer would say this. You need to find a new one. Oh sure, it'll run at 20deg. even if it's jetted for -20deg, but it's gonna run richer than it needs to. Every 20 deg.F change in temperature and/or 1000 feet elevation change requires a 2% change in jetting. If your jetted for -20 deg.F and your riding at +20 deg.F with no change in elevation, you should reduce your jetting by 4%. Doesn't sound like much, but your machine will be running exactly where it should and you will notice a difference in performance.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts