Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:0]Well guys I just got home from the hospital. I was driving a Pro Mod drag car which does 6 second 1/4 mile passes and it sort of went out of control. I slid across the tack out of my lane and into the other lane just missing the other guy. Hit the guard rail bounced back across the the track and hit the other guard rail backwards and then flip the car end over end. I am telling you this because I only know this from the video my buddy took. The only thing we can figure out is the car either hit some fluid on the track or blew a rear tire we can"t tell from the home video tape. What I can tell you is the car made a very violent jerk to the right then to the left and I lost control of the whole rear end of the car. The first thing that went through my mind was HOLY CRAP I am going to hit the other guy. Then I thought oh my god I hope I dont jump the guard rail and hit some people watching, the last thing that went through my mind was maybe I might get hurt. I thought of pulling the chute but then said no in my head all I did was try to keep the car going straight which I sort of did hahaha. Well I am ok obviously because I am telling you guys what happened, well I did get a concusion and a bruised rib or two. But I did wake up this morning and breathing so thats a good sign I guess hahah. But let me tell you that was one hell of a ride oh yea.I really did some damage to the car lucky it wasn't my car I only drive it. Well I did drive it I dont know if they will let me drive it again just kidding the owner said it wasnt my fault and was just glad I was alive and so am I hahah. But just to let you kids out there know if you are going to race a car do it on the track where you wont hurt any one or worse kill someone. I know I sound like an old guy and maybe I am but we have had a couple of really bad crashes on the street lately with kids street racing and people getting killed so hey try to play safe on the street and race at the strip. Oh and I will be back at the track with my own car in two weeks or the pro mod if it is back together. Thanks for listening guys!!!!!!!![;)]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
All I can say is HOLY CRAP!! That must of been scary..Glad to see you ok..Have any pics?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That had to be an adrenalin rush, glad to see your ok, pics would be kinda cool to look at.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
safety is paramount in drag racing. I just got back from watching alot of drag racing in brainerd, MN. Not a single car crashed though that I know of.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I had a buddy break an Axle and go off the track and endo his rail at 150mph looked scary as hell but he walked away.
Glad everything turned out ok for ya.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey cool! I was in Brainerd too. Got sunstroke, permanent hearing damage, alocohol poisoning, and nitromethane poisoning all in one day - god, I love that place. we go every year. I think you're right-nobody crashed, but I did see one sled get pretty close once.

Did you see the ET's? Christ, one guy ran a 8.69 @ 145+ MPH!

Glad your pro-mod crash didn't hurt you too bad.

Pneuman
Calgary

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8's my own drag car does 8'29 the pro mod turns 6's in a quarter well that is when I make a full pass and not wrecking it. I am hoping to be at the track this weekend with my big block vega. If you want to see a pic check out my profile
Originally posted by Pneuman
[br]
Hey cool! I was in Brainerd too. Got sunstroke, permanent hearing damage, alocohol poisoning, and nitromethane poisoning all in one day - god, I love that place. we go every year. I think you're right-nobody crashed, but I did see one sled get pretty close once.

Did you see the ET's? Christ, one guy ran a 8.69 @ 145+ MPH!

Glad your pro-mod crash didn't hurt you too bad.

Pneuman
Calgary

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ooops my fault I think - I should have been more specific. I meant to say that the fastest SLEDS were going 8.69.

Hey if you need someone to drive that pro-mod car, look me up, I'd be happy to give that a whirl. [:D]

Cheers
Pneuman

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[:D]Well if you have your IHRA or NHRA lic. and are qualified to drive a prachute car maybe I will give you a call hahah. Let me tell you what a differance driving a drag car with a chute. I have drag racing since I was 16. I started out driving a 69 chry. 300 with a 426 hemi in it (not orginal engine) my big brother put it in, then went to my 69 Z/28 and got quicker from there. I have driven front engine rails to a 1948 Anglia with a big block chevy. Tried rear engine rail with a small block it was kinda a neat ride but only went low 10s. My wife I think has a huge insurance plan on me hahah. I think my next ride should be a rear engine rail that turns 6's. The Pro Mod does that but they are so radical and unperdictalble. Everyone I talk to says the rails are a great ride. We will have to see, oh by the way a sled doing 8s that is really wild.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
yeah. The one I looked at real close at BIR had a union bay triple under the hood. I think it was a skidoo, but i can't remember for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
145+mph in a 1/4 mile is crazy fast on a sled..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts