Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent sled trip I came across a solo man walking down the sled trail with a cell phone, he motioned that he was fine so I proceeded. About a mile later I came across this:

201032131846810_7742.jpg
201032131853810_7742.jpg
20103213190310_7742.jpg

It appears the groomer came into the tight corner, and was unable to get back onto the main trail. The tracks then pulled it down sideways into some trees. The operator had a chainsaw, but the blade went dull and he couldn't cut the tree down to free the rig. There was about 15 sledders stopped, but no man power was going to free this rig...Looked like quite a nice groomer too...

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
That sucks, there are usually two types of groomers. Those that have gotten stuck and those that will get stuck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Wanna know the funny part? the only thing that can probably pull out a groomer, is another groomer, or some big piece of equipment lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
was that in Bayfield county by chance? I was up there two weeks ago and seen 3 of those rigs sittin by the road, they are nice rigs.

good thing for the driver is that it wasn't 3 in the morning and -20!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
There's no way I'd be out on the trails grooming, without the tools to take that plow off and to detach the drag.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sleds-650 said:
....The operator had a chainsaw, but the blade went dull and he couldn't cut the tree down to free the rig....
WTF No file on hand to sharpen the saw? Maybe he was trying to cut it flush with the dirt and fuged the chain up..? [beatup] Nice machine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
WOW! That's a lot of snow for N. WI right now from what I hear. How long ago and where was this?

Jonesy.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Now thatd be a pickle. Looks like if he got the tree cut down far enough(which doesnt look easy) he could crawl outa there, assuming he didnt drop the tree on the groomer, now that would be a bad day.

·
Registered
572 Posts
by looking at the pics, and the people standing on the trail in the one pic,,, how the hell did he get to where he is stuck?? looks like plenty of trail, what was he doing down in the woods like that. maybe its just a bad picture angle.

·
Registered
915 Posts
fasttxl340 said:
by looking at the pics, and the people standing on the trail in the one pic,,, how the hell did he get to where he is stuck?? looks like plenty of trail, what was he doing down in the woods like that. maybe its just a bad picture angle.
he is grooming the trail sometimes they are in the woods[thumb]

·
Registered
80 Posts
OK, if the driver was about a mile down the trail on foot, why are the groomer lights on? Did he walk away and leave them on?

I'm thinking you found this picture online and just thought it would be cool to pretend you were there???

·
Registered
343 Posts
Excitabletom said:
OK, if the driver was about a mile down the trail on foot, why are the groomer lights on? Did he walk away and leave them on?

I'm thinking you found this picture online and just thought it would be cool to pretend you were there???
don't be a jerk...........

For safety reasons its smart to leave the lights on since its a large solid object thats not normally left on the trail.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
fasttxl340 said:
Yep, we must be missing something, because it does look like in the picture that is somewhat flat and there appears to be plenty of trail.

·
Registered
572 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
fasttxl340 said:
Yep, we must be missing something, because it does look like in the picture that is somewhat flat and there appears to be plenty of trail.
kinda what i was saying.,,,, and hey, did anyone realize that trails go through the woods?? [thumb]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts