Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every winter me and a couple friends make sort of a lame snowcross track by his house. It is nothing like the real thing but it sure is fun!! Anybody else do anything like this?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I know a place where a guy has a motocross playground for his dirtbikes.I can't wait to try it out with my Pro X this winter!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hell, even if it is a fan it is a sweet sled!! Why don't you post some pics of it?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I hope to get a liguid next year but will prolly get the fan one. Wish they woudl put the 550 super sport engine in that chasis then I would be happy.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
The 440 fan engine has more power than the 550 fan engine. Why would you want a motor with less power than the one that came in the sled.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We made a motocross track this year for our bikes, and now I am waiting for snow to try my 01 MXZX 440 out on it before my first race. I heard the landings are a lot harder if you don't make everything out of snow, but owe well it will still be a lot of fun!! The problem is that is was 67 degrees today!! I hope winter comes soon!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
sweet i always thought of bringing the tractor and the dump drailer to a field, filling the trailer with snow from snow banks and making a snocross track... lol it'd be sweet

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
damnit these ppl with liguid 440s suck :( gonna make me cry cause I can't afford one. And the fan 440 has more power?? ok then

·
Registered
73 Posts
ya we do the snow cross track but its more of a motocross track. just take the hoe to the feild for a day and ur set. i think its a great thing to have winter and summer. keeps the kids off the streets and lets them(and me ) have fun

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
local ski place has a motocross track in the summer and in the winter then run a snowmobile track on it and hill climbs on the slopes.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Me and my buddies use a skid loader, a plow truck, and some round bales to make our track in the field. Last year was my first year with my 440 liquid, and i love it.
I'd also agree with erick; the Pro X 440 fan does have more power than the 550 fan. The 550 is designed for the average trail rider, not all-out racing.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This winter lets try to post some pics of our "tracks" along with some action shots! I would love to see how you guys have yours set up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ok sounds fun i cant wait

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

hell, even if it is a fan it is a sweet sled!! Why don't you post some pics of it?

I still don't have it home yet.I had to leave it at the dealer because it came with the wrong ignition parts and won't run when it's warmed up.(bummer)Of course, being that the sled is only a couple of weeks old, the part is on back order, so I won't have it for a couple more weeks. sigh.I'll get a pic when I get my sled home.

·
Registered
289 Posts
im thinkin the abandoned gravel pits this year. hehehe.. 20 foot embankments that come back down lol, woo hooo, pits we can try to jump that are only about 5 feet deep, hill climbs. it might just be dangerous.. MUAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve, sorry to hear about your bad luck man.....Hey at least there isn't snow yet. Just imagine how bad it would be if we had 2 feet of freash snow on the ground! Let us know when you get it back!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
A couple buddies of mine have a mx track and they race mx in the summer and sno-x in the winter. They got brand new AC sno pro 440's and do a 80 ft tabletop, a huge triple, big doubles and whoops, these are hard even on a mx bike. It's sweet. I can't figure out why they took 1st and 2nd in a local sno-x race.

"Drive it like a rental!"

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good call! I love homemade tracks. My Cousin has a snow maker. He made a track in the middle of September and let me ride his XC 600 on it. MY ONLY TASTE OF SNOW THIS YEAR!!!!!!!! It doesnt look to get below 40 her till next wedensday!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 20 of 20 Posts