Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am making a can for my prox 440, it is 1/16 stainless, im having no baffles and my outlet is 3" to 2" 1/8 i am just wondering if my outlet should be smaller seeing as its very free flowing. i am doing this as a student project at AECL so its all free[:p] i am planning on rejetting anyways just because of were the sled owner lived. its 5 1/2" round and 11" long any imput would be nice.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the best way to construct that can is use the same size pipe inside your can as your pipe outlet is.. make the end of it the same id as the pipes outlet od. make 2 end caps that fit over both sides with the same size hole again. you shouldnt make it hollow, your pipe inside the can should have a lot of probably 3/16 holes drilled in it all over the place, to get a better sound you shoud rap it with glass packing and install it, but if you want it louder leave it hollow. on the outlet side finally.. after that same size pipe reaches the other cap,you can put whatever size outlet you want.. it wont make a difference. this design is the best way to fabricate your silencer.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya its staying hollo ive done what youve said cept my outlet for the last 2 inches is the same diamater is the baffles inside, i just did that to be safe. thanks for the help and itl be done monday or tuesday, il post pics soon as its home. but itl just be tacked together at first so i can fit it up in the machine then make changes if i have to.

·
Registered
450 Posts
sounds like it'll be fine. i made up a custom exhaust system for my sled as well. keep in touch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.