Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone made their OWN snowmobile bolt ons before???

I was thinking of possibly making a riser of some sort so extensions are all I have to buy. I know I've seen stuff elsewhere online like this.

Any other possible ideas are welcome..

I mean hey, I'm 14. I have PLENTY of creativity. I just live 20minutes outta town so biking gets boring around my small neighborhood and was hoping to pass the time making 'goodies!'

Thanks~ski-dooer12
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
ski-dooer12 said:
Anyone made their OWN snowmobile bolt ons before???

I was thinking of possibly making a riser of some sort so extensions are all I have to buy. I know I've seen stuff elsewhere online like this.

Any other possible ideas are welcome..

I mean hey, I'm 14. I have PLENTY of creativity. I just live 20minutes outta town so biking gets boring around my small neighborhood and was hoping to pass the time making 'goodies!'

Thanks~ski-dooer12
Where you at in Farmington? We had a great riding spot I can tell yah about, all the way down to Coates and other way to Cannon Falls when we lived in Lakeville
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
two pieces of 1/4" flat hotroll for a mounting plate and a 8" piece of 1 1/4" square tubeing? not shure on the sizes. i cut the tubing off at a 30 degree angle so they go up instead of back and then welded it all togather. sorry its hard to see. oh yah i used the stock handlebar clamp and bolted it on top of my riser.
2010215112530703_30620.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
I made my riser also.

66373.jpg
I cut two pieces of flat steel, one for top and bottom, 2 more pieces at angles for the middle, welded them together so it forms a wedge, and that way I can bolt on a different riser block if needed, and I bought a piece of aluminum block, cut to size and drilled and bolted it on.
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,279 Posts
I made a riser out of boxed tubing once,just drilled holes in it.
11103.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
heres some clutch tools i made this winter for polaris p-85 and the one that looks like a pizza box stand is foe compressing polaris team secondary springs, p-85 spider tool and p-85 holder/compresser
also my home made 6" pivot bar risers made from 1"x2" aluminum, all done on a drill press! 201043185627432_20915.jpg
20104318563188_20915.jpg
20104318563573_20915.jpg
201043185638495_20915.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
I used some angle iron and a welder and some ingenuity, and made a articulating riser...

There's 4 positions where they lock in.. Straight, 1 position back, and 2 positions forward.

While riding, if you see nasty bumps ahead, pull the lever and rock the bars forward, and stand up.. Done with the bumpies, flip the lever again and pull them back to sit down and cruise.

Wanna ditch bang? Put them all the way forward.

2008222141229178_18890.jpg 2008222141239709_18890.jpg

There's a 2" riser also, above the articulating unit, makes for ~4" total rise.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
i made a riser in 45 mins...... i had a lathe and drill press tho.

im going to make a pivot riser tho. around 5". should i make it steel or aluminum?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
jesse500 said:
i made a riser in 45 mins...... i had a lathe and drill press tho.

im going to make a pivot riser tho. around 5". should i make it steel or aluminum?
aluminum easier to work w/ and wont rust out, i have a 3/4 by 2 x 20 id sell ya..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
I made a gas can holder for the back of my sled. Burnt it out of stainless on the cnc burn table bent it up now I can hold two gallon gas cans[thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bj.hardy said:
jesse500 said:
i made a riser in 45 mins...... i had a lathe and drill press tho.

im going to make a pivot riser tho. around 5". should i make it steel or aluminum?
aluminum easier to work w/ and wont rust out, i have a 3/4 by 2 x 20 id sell ya..
3/4 by 2x20?? it that height, width, length?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
jake.parker said:
THE_Norwegian said:
rail extensions
200941221956410_21850.jpg
that thing looks like hey watch out for my tail or you will be spiked lol
i wouldent recommend falling of the sled with that setup [beatup]

but i only used it for a couple of 100 kms. it was to much track [^]
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
THE_Norwegian said:
jake.parker said:
THE_Norwegian said:
rail extensions
200941221956410_21850.jpg
that thing looks like hey watch out for my tail or you will be spiked lol
i wouldent recommend falling of the sled with that setup [beatup]

but i only used it for a couple of 100 kms. it was to much track [^]
oh but it might have been good for deep stuff?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
good flotation, 151" i think. but it was a ripsaw 1,25 so it sucked in powder...
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top