Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever made homemade idler wheels im thinking about make a set for the rear just didnt know if anyone had some pics i have to get some ideas together and how the bearings will stay in and go from there then i have to work on making a homemade hott dogger

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I thought about making a pair for mine, but just don't have the time. I have access to basically a full machine shop. The time it would take, it may not be worth it, plus I have studs on the outside edge of the track and wondered what they would do to the aluminum.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I made my own plastic wheels for a belt sander. same song different tune is all. anyone with the proper product and machine equipment could easily make them.

aluminum need to be rubber coated to run studs on.

it would be cheaper to buy wheels then make our own.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a couple drawn up on solid works I lack the CNC though

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
steel? you want to replace a 1lb wheel assmebly with a 8 lb wheel assembly? if you can make them out of steel you can make them out of poly or aluminum.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just priced them at leaders and they were 38 bucks a piece for 8 inch wheels, and that was out of the AC catalog. Is there any better place to look?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
yes it would but not every day not alot of people make them there selfs and say they did
There's very few products worth it... Like EFI, who is there that does EFI?

But there's at least 8 places I know of that sell idler wheels.. 3 that sell custom wheels.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My friend made a set for his sled a couple years back. It was his senior design project for mechanical engineering. He also made my riding group billet pull handles with our group name in them. Pretty sweet stuff. Good luck 'n let us know how it goes!

Chad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts