Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Homemade??? Nope.
Usually if your looking for more acceleration or top end it comes down to how well you setup or "prep" your sled based on the various adjustments your machine has. If that isn't enough, than you have to spend money and buy stuff to make it faster: like a bigger engine. But to keep costs low we buy big-bore kits, clutch kits, carb parts, tuning tools, light weight components, various traction devices and the list goes on and on...

The only true "Homemade" things i make for my snowmobile are usually done to repair or fix it due to crashing, breaking or bending parts, etc...LOL!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah megaman is right thats what we do to gain HP and acceleration. unless you have a full machine shop in your garage or shed and can do things like mill heads and bore sleeves out nothing most people do to their sleds is "homemade"

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
i agree with above, but, i heard once that you could use a dremel tool on your ports and make the bigger for more power, and more FUEL consumption

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Mat you can use a dremel to clean up your intake and exhaust ports but you can't get it into the transfer ports to open them up. If I were you I would leave the porting up to a person with some experience or you may end up with a motor that doesn't run very well. Riley

·
Registered
749 Posts
My local machine shop does porting for about 40-50 dollars canadien. And they do mill jobs for 30$.

·
Registered
777 Posts
indyman423

its not a big deal,but that would be boring for 40-50 dollars
porting starts around 200 each at a minimum ussally

1 - 10 of 10 Posts