Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause a motor to have low compression, 60 psi? I changed the rings with no change. Would a head gasket do this or would a head gasket give zero compression?

LD

·
Registered
219 Posts
i would say it could be any of that. i have never taken apart a 4 stroke so i dont know what i would check first. i would prolly start with the head. i have a 110 i have 2 motors for it so when 1 acts up i change it and work on the other 1 on the bench. its so much easier.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Excessive Carbon build-up in the valve seats,bent or burnt valve,Valve timming off,Incorrect ring installation,broken ring(s) I can keep going!

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
If you find the problem I have a bunch of 90-110 honda parts I will sell really cheap..heads,cylinder,whole motor,ect..I will never have a use for them anymore.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I used to be a Honda mech

I would put money on a tight valve, more than likely the exhaust valve
Set your valves then recheck compression (can't remember but I think the intake valve is set at 3 thousands and the exhaust is 5 thousands, but call a dealer or manual for spec)

If I had a dollar for everytime someone brought a honda to me for a engine rebuid, and all I would do is set valves, clean carb and air filter and new plug and fuel. Runs like new.

REMEMBER BOYS AND GIRLS....ALWAYS START WITH THE EASY STUFF FIRST, it will save you money and second guessing.

Good Luck

·
Registered
219 Posts
sounds like hes the guy u wanted!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts