Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys at Snowmobilenews are talking about the new Honda snowmobile. Look at Trash Talkers message board, looks like it will be here soon!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I can't even stand being on that board. Just looking at the titles of some of the posts makes me mad. If that was the last snowmobile forum left on the Internet, I would not visit it just because of all the bashing.
BTW, i couldn't even find the sled in all that mess. lol

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
page 2 or 3 and yes that site disgusted me too. Even in the thread about it all they did was call each other dumbasses and say that it will never happen and your all wrong. Saying how the specs the guy quoted were stupid and could never be and that Hondas are made in a place that has no snow whatsoever so why would they make sleds? Last I checked there was snow in Japan and most Hondas we deal with are actually manufactured in America anyway. If I ever go back there I need a good kick in the head.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not a member of that board, and never will be, but i thought maybe the "possible" information would have been of some interest to the members here. Otherwise i never would have posted it. That site is nothing but bashing, but that's why we are here and not there, eh?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A '00 XCR with a turbo kit and 136" longtrack kit pushing 250+ hp.....Oh wait, That's the sled in my garage! AAAaaah, can you tell I haven't rode it yet!! -----i got this off of there....they dont have that much horse do they?.....cause im thinking that they dont.....and this guy is full of crap...

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your talking about turbo then, yes, they can. A turbo charged system can nearly double the HP over your stock setup, but it takes $$$ and quite a bit of prep-work to make it work, especially if you want it reliable. It takes very tricky clutching to get all of the power to the ground, and even then big CC engines with turbo blow (snap) belts quite easily. Aerocharger Turbo Systems makes a kit for snowmobiles. I would absolutely love to try it, but I would not put it on just a regular trail sled.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Megaman is correct on that one, I would love to try out a turbo sled. I woud especailly love to try a Viper with triple pipes going into one into a Turbo that would be sweet :).

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Oh, MegaMan, we aren't mad at you for posting it, just talking about all the bashing. I actually wanted to see the post, I looked through the first 3 pages but still couldn't seem to spot it. It seems like an interesting subject.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is all it basically said:
-----------------------------------
Hondas new sleds:
SFX 9
and SFX 6

Fourstrokes roughly 130hp for the 9 and 95hp for the 6

They will have Redline/Xpert looking rear suspension

Wisbone front

525/515LBS

There will be NO SnowHawk type sled

reason no 2 strokes folks

Will be released soon!
-----------------------------------
I thought it was particularly interesting that it will not compete with the SnoHawk, instead it will compete against the "big 4". I hope it's all that we're being led to believe.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Is that last part you mega man? I didn't notice that part before and as for that comment they weren't saying it was aimed at competing with the snohawk just that since its honda and they make so many great bikes they were expecting a SnoHawk type sled.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, your right. That's what i figured too, especially since this will be the first year that the WSA will officially have a racing event for SnowHawk-type machines. I guess i assumed Honda would have entered the snowmobile scene on something similar to their dirt bikes, but apperently not. Either way, i think it'll benefit the sport with more competition.

Let it snow!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I had a Kawasaki that thing was fun. 79 440 Intruder. The 440 siezed up for like the 10th time so my dad bought a brand new 340 Kawasaki for like $200 and put her in there. That thing was so much fun when I was little. Then when I got old it was too. Minimal lugs on the track and plenty of snap that thing would go through a field sidways doing a burnout god it was fun :). And I really really hope that if we get a crop of new entrants into the sled making field that they don't all go 4 stroke because if you get a bunch of new companies coming in making 4 strokers like that I think it would hurt the 2 strokes pretty bad to the point everyone might focus on 4 strokes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Too late, pretty much everyone is focusing on 4 strokes now. Polaris has their new watercraft with the 1200cc four turbo, which i can assure you will be in a proto sled this winter. Arctic has a Suzuki 1000cc four in a sled and has had a workin proto before the Yamaha was introduced. Ski-Doo has their V-twin. It's a givin t hat the Mf's will be putting more and more time and effort into the 4 strokers. It's probably good that Honda wants to get into the market, they should be able to bring some amazing technology into the 4-stroke motor. NOt sure if they can build the rest of the sled proper though.

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yeah, they will probably do alright with the engine but try to invet some revolutionary new transmission because they don't like belt drives, or else they will try do something totally different and it probably wont work the greatest.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well guys in my opinion i dont think we really have much to worry about with the 4-strokes taking over just yet. Mainly because of the weight issue. I just cant see a 150 lb. woman or kid tryin to dig out or move a 600 lb sled that is buried. I wouldnt be surprised to see other types of engines try to make a comeback in the near future. Anyone Remember the Rotary engine? that engine was the best of the 2 stroke world. Insead of getting 2 power impulses per revolution, you get 3. This engine was even tried in a car....i believe it was some sort of Mazda. The only reason this engine was put on the shelf was due to seal/wear problems. But with the advancement of technology in the past 20 years, im sure there could be some way to get this engine going again. Not to mention the Direct injection 2-stroke engines. This type of engine has shown to be very promising/powerful and yet still retains the light weight 2-stroke base engine.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah but I know we will see an under 500 pound sled four stroker very soon. And one thing isn't the new Poliars a twin and not a four cylinder? That ought to be a lighter then say RX1 engine. Umm and with Rotaries I remember them fine cause they still are in production(well starting soon). The Mazda RX7s were rotary powered cars. Plenty of power on the turbo models and yes seal wear was a problem though seals aren't very hard to change. And they have some nasty emissions. As for the production of them the Mazda RX8 is coming soon which will again be rotary powered. The Wankle Rotary isn't a bad idea but like all things has its strong and weak points. Oh and by the way the RX7s are some of the fastest imports around. Replace the stock 2 rotor with a 3 rotor engine and you are ripping the 1/4 to shreds. Just figured I would add that, and its funny that wan-k is banned cause the man who invented the rotary engine was named Wan-kle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts