Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
saw it before somewhere. I think it's a hoax, it was actually identified as a motorcycle motor. There have been little to no higher powered 4 strokes until the last couple years.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I would agree. If that thing is that old, now way it has that mcuh power.

·
Registered
422 Posts
"It is complete, save for the final drive system is missing. The parts needed to complete this prototype engine and make it a full functional running engine could easily be made at any quality machine shop."

Hmm... This doesnt sound right...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ive heard of honda having a 4 stroke way back when, i would like to see the sled to believe it though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
but the engine is clearly missing a gearbox...something is going on here,but then again a honda snowmobile engine hmmm. i cant really belive it. if it's a scam then it's a good one. lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've looked some moore at the pics the cylinders looks just like the honda cb 750 engine from the early 70' and look at the details like the muffler and the air intake rail..this engine is modified for something. and if i remember correctly the cb 750 hadd approximately 65 hp .i still dont belive it was ment for a sled, but i think this is strange. what do you guys think?.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
He was trying to sell it on Ebay last year. If I remember correctly he wanted some outrageous amount for it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeh does look prety high tech for an old engine but that would be interesting if honda made them now, probably dominate :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts