Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering how to find a plastic material with holes so i can finish painting my screen kit on my edge

2010414181126218_28895.jpg

notice that the three holes don't have a screen so i would like to find something that is similar to what i have for the screens

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Maybe someone has a crashed hood that would be willing to give you the big screens from and you could "make" the ones you need?

·
Registered
632 Posts
you dont put screens in those holes, the one on the clutch side you can get a block-off, but the exhaust side is meant to be open to help the hot air that radiates from the exhaust pipe escape. Doesnt mean you couldnt do it, but im thinkin its that way for a reason?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trailjunkie said:
you dont put screens in those holes, the one on the clutch side you can get a block-off, but the exhaust side is meant to be open to help the hot air that radiates from the exhaust pipe escape. Doesnt mean you couldnt do it, but im thinkin its that way for a reason?
oh ok i saw this picture on snowsnakes and i was like man i like that screen set up
even thou it is fanner
http://www.snowsnakes.com/snowmobiles/1143916550minus_00.jpg

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thats cuz its a fanner, and dont want powder gettin in there too much, im guessin anyway.. Does look good like that tho!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
To get a exact match I would do as suggested and find some screens from a smashed or broken edge hood and then trim them down to fit and fasten them in, I don't think putting them in the other open holes will cause any problems either, I see your down in Monroe, about a hour south of me here in Roseville, there will be a parts swap meet coming up local to me on the first weekend in December, let me know if your interested in coming up this way for it and I will get you the info on where it is located and what exact date it will be held on.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
98700xc said:
To get a exact match I would do as suggested and find some screens from a smashed or broken edge hood and then trim them down to fit and fasten them in, I don't think putting them in the other open holes will cause any problems either, I see your down in Monroe, about a hour south of me here in Roseville, there will be a parts swap meet coming up local to me on the first weekend in December, let me know if your interested in coming up this way for it and I will get you the info on where it is located and what exact date it will be held on.
oh that would help me out alot and other events and do you go to novi mi for the snowmobile show?, i would see a fellow sf member beside mfangoblue

·
Registered
178 Posts
i got mine at a checker auto parts store there crome about 6 by 8 inches they were in the ricer section you could try that there pretty thick screens for doing like air dams and what not on cars

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bringurthunder said:
i got mine at a checker auto parts store there crome about 6 by 8 inches they were in the ricer section you could try that there pretty thick screens for doing like air dams and what not on cars
oh ok that is helping me out alot so that means i going am looking in like autozone, ace hard ware, lowes, and napa for that but i seems to cant find the hole pattern like mine

·
Registered
54 Posts
can't you just buy an SLP screen kit and cut to fit, that way you might not even have to paint it?? where i am there is a store called Recreation Supply which just selling parts for sleds, quads and bikes, perhaps there is something similar near yourself..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MistaMota said:
can't you just buy an SLP screen kit and cut to fit, that way you might not even have to paint it?? where i am there is a store called Recreation Supply which just selling parts for sleds, quads and bikes, perhaps there is something similar near yourself..
yes i know slp makes a screen kit but the hole pattern is different from mine like the material is more

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
gutter guard is close....comes in plastic or aluminum

http://www.americangutters.com/supplies/aluminum/Gutterguard.htm

get it at the hardware,,,remove your hood, cut a piece to fit hole, put a bead of high quality silicone down around the cutout. Lay your piece into the silicone and let it dry...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i found a site and they make metal by sheets and it is Perforated Metal, Aluminum, Carbon, Stainless Steel so i hope it goes down good and i choose the one that has like many tiny little holes because that stops snow better and looks cooler

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
please share a link to the site

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dodger said:
please share a link to the site

http://www.mechanicalmetals.com/perforatedmetals.html
you have buy it by sheet but i dont know how much it cost, but i have a feeling it is worth it

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
jake.parker said:
98700xc said:
oh that would help me out alot and other events and do you go to novi mi for the snowmobile show?, i would see a fellow sf member beside mfangoblue
I've not gone to the Novi show in about 3 years now, haven't had the need to go spend money I don't have....lol, anyway here is the link to the show flier for the A-1 New Lothrop swap meet and vintage show:http://www.a1swapandshow.com/
we will be there selling parts on Saturday as that is the big day for swappers, if you plan on coming out for it let me know as I will be putting up my sign with my screen name on it so any members from here or HCS that come out will know where my table is.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
98700xc said:
jake.parker said:
98700xc said:
I've not gone to the Novi show in about 3 years now, haven't had the need to go spend money I don't have....lol, anyway here is the link to the show flier for the A-1 New Lothrop swap meet and vintage show:http://www.a1swapandshow.com/
we will be there selling parts on Saturday as that is the big day for swappers, if you plan on coming out for it let me know as I will be putting up my sign with my screen name on it so any members from here or HCS that come out will know where my table is.
ok thats good to know man and is it possible that someone might have a arctic cat lynx crossbrace there?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts