Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Hooking up Throttle cables

651 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  1981craig 
#1 ·
Have new extended cables. want any tips on installing them right. i heard that you can have problems with them sticking if done wrong. Its on my 02 rmk. i see white on the grond and i know its getting closer
Thanks

#2 ·
OK,

Hook up all 3 ends where the stock ones came out.
Adjust oiler so that the allignment marks just line up as the freeplay comes out of the throttle.
Then adjust the rack carb end to where it just hits full throttle position on the rack as the throttle touches the grip.
Doing this, in this order will make your thumb throttle free play just about perfect to work your throttle safety switch in your stock throttle block.
Be sure to wrap it with heat tape any where it's even close to your pipe/pipes.
No sharp bends in the cable and you are golden.

school is now out of session
ding

#3 ·
Student Driver said:
OK,

Hook up all 3 ends where the stock ones came out.
Adjust oiler so that the allignment marks just line up as the freeplay comes out of the throttle.
JThen adjust the rack carb end to where it just hits full throttle position on the rack as the throttle touches the grip.
Doing this, in this order will make your thumb throttle free play just about perfect to work your throttle safety switch in your stock throttle block.
Be sure to wrap it with heat tape any where it's even close to your pipe/pipes.
No sharp bends in the cable and you are golden.

school is now out of session
ding
Ibroke the plastic by throttle. To get that piece off is it necessary to remove hand warmer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.