Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to find the horsepower for a 2002 Thundercat 1000... Arctic-cat.com wont list it i cant get ahold of the webmaster... can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
274 Posts
go to your local dealer and pick up a catalog, they have it in there , i seen it one time, the 800's are 140hp or so ... not sure about 1000's

·
Registered
312 Posts
i've just purchased a 1000 tcat engine to go into my 97 t-cat model,
and when i got the thing i wanted to know the Hp that it put out ,, and they told me that it was anything in the range of 166 to 174 cause not all machines give out the same, but he did hace a dyno and we tried mine and it said 170, so your basicly looking at that range

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot guys i am doing a comparasion of the 2001-2003 performance models that really saved me alot of time if you wanna see it say the word i will be happy to email it or post it

·
Registered
777 Posts
my buddy has the 98 t-cat,appearently that year has the most hp all t-cat 172,funny thing is,he probably only uses about 130 of that, lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
well they say 172 , but not all of them had 172HP , but never seen one lower then 166 stock and never higher then 174hp depends on the machine i guess. no it wouldn't be painfull death with this baby , heheh it's crash and burn if anything happens ,, won't be to much suffering there belive me.
And there is PLENTY of power in those suckers it's really crazzy

·
Registered
699 Posts
my exciter gots like 80-90 horse stock and its a 570 so double it and its 1140 cc with 160-180 horse so if u put to exciter motors in a t cat frame u might have more horse power than stock t cat i am just rambling on now i dont no what im talkin about later

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
There are difference between the CDI's of the differnt years. The 2001 CDI advances the timing 3 degrees more than my 2000 (More top end) but you give up a little on the bottom. It all depends on where you want the motor to make its' power. I have both CDI's, but have decided to use the stock 2000 since most of my riding is in the mountains and I want as much low end as I can get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts