Registered
15,722 Posts
mine is .19 for 700
.21 for 440

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what would it be for a 43 horsepower? its is actually an ice auger and i didnt know the ratio. and how would i convert CC's to horespower?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
depends on the cc of a sled/ mods etc. mine is .27 on the button and .22 off but the better way to gauge performance is power to weight ratio. a smaller cc sled can out preform a bigger cc one if there is a huge difference in this area. mine is 3.07 lbs for each hp my sled make off the button or 2.58 on the button. the lower the number the better the ratio.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
.204 for me.

You can't simply convert CC's to HP SnoFreekz440 with a formula. All engines are different.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
.209 for me. So for every cc the cleanfir iq makes .005 more hp than the carbed version.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Originally posted by wilb
[br].209 for me. So for every cc the cleanfir iq makes .005 more hp than the carbed version.
More like .2083 which is .208 if you're rounding.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by jonesie
[br]depends on the cc of a sled/ mods etc. mine is .27 on the button and .22 off but the better way to gauge performance is power to weight ratio. a smaller cc sled can out preform a bigger cc one if there is a huge difference in this area. mine is 3.07 lbs for each hp my sled make off the button or 2.58 on the button. the lower the number the better the ratio.
so how would you find the ratio for a staock motor? do you have to know the weight of the machine and the output of the motor? or is it more complicated then this?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by SnoFreekz440
[br]
[br]depends on the cc of a sled/ mods etc. mine is .27 on the button and .22 off but the better way to gauge performance is power to weight ratio. a smaller cc sled can out preform a bigger cc one if there is a huge difference in this area. mine is 3.07 lbs for each hp my sled make off the button or 2.58 on the button. the lower the number the better the ratio.
so how would you find the ratio for a staock motor? do you have to know the weight of the machine and the output of the motor? or is it more complicated then this?

you just have to know stock output and stock weight.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Same kinda question as polarisxckid. How much HP would my XCR 440 (ves) have? How do you guys figure that one out?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by polarisxckid
[br]how much horse does a 700 have with ves? thanks
128 if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by polarisxckid
[br]how much horse does a 700 have with ves? thanks

like mentioned in the 126 -129 but with a pipe, porting and a head your in the 155 range. if you want more mod ideas for your 700 just pm me as i think i have looked at them all and have about 90% of the bolt on parts you can get for them

cheers

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by Snowforce21
[br]Same kinda question as polarisxckid. How much HP would my XCR 440 (ves) have? How do you guys figure that one out?
Memory. Reading stuff from magazines and what not.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are those weight to power ratios using dry weights or wet weights? It won't make a huge difference, but it will impact it somewhat. On my Indy 500 I have 65 pounds of fuel plus the 7 pounds of coolant added on for a weight to power ratio of about 7.18 pounds per horsepower at 76 hp and 546 pounds. My old 83 Indy Trail had 45 pounds of fuel for a weight to power ratio of 11.45 pounds per horsepower at 40 hp and 458 pounds. Amazing that my 500 is 90 some pounds heavier than my 440 was!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts