Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a clutch kit from a storm fit my 650? I would think their interchangeable right?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The springs,weights, and helix will interchange but chances are they are not the proper parts for the application as the springs will not have the corrects rates, the helix angles will be wrong and the weights will either be too heavy or too light, if it is a hot seat kit your speaking of you need to disclose what color the springs are and what the helix angle(s) are, and also how heavy the weights are if that info is available.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok well i thought this was a good deal so hopefully no one snags it up before me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370436412522&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Again I will say wrong application for what you want to use it in,my guess is that those hot seat weights are probably 60 or 62 grams and for sure are too heavy for a older 650, clutching is a very crucial element for top performance and using the wrong parts (spring rates,helix angles, and weight size) will just make for a very poor performing machine, not to mention a waste of time and money on guessing if it will help.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the info. If it wont work then ill just scrap the idea. Thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts