Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of Hot Seat domes at a swap meet. I checked their web site and they will work on my 2000 xc 700 but I cant find any torque specs for the heads. Is it the same as the stock heads? Can I use the stock o rings with them or do I have to use the ones from them? Part #702-12. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
wallsaw said:
I picked up a set of Hot Seat domes at a swap meet. I checked their web site and they will work on my 2000 xc 700 but I cant find any torque specs for the heads. Is it the same as the stock heads? Can I use the stock o rings with them or do I have to use the ones from them? Part #702-12. Thanks.
22ft lbs on the first round and then 24 on the second round,I have always used the Polaris O-rings with my hot seat head and also with the PSI head on my wife's 99, It might be best to get new ones so there will be no problems, here is the torque sequence pattern:

17410.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98700xc said:
wallsaw said:
22ft lbs on the first round and then 24 on the second round,I have always used the Polaris O-rings with my hot seat head and also with the PSI head on my wife's 99, It might be best to get new ones so there will be no problems, here is the torque sequence pattern:

17410.jpg
Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You interested in a billet hot seat cover for your heads by chance? I have a cover but no domes. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
98700xc said:
wallsaw said:

17410.jpg
how would you get in there and torgue the jugs

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
98700xc said:
wallsaw said:

17410.jpg
[highlight=orange]
how would you get in there and torgue the jugs[/highlight=orange]
You have to have a crow-foot wrench head to get at the inner cylinder base nuts, they are a PIA, most of the time I just tighten them down with a box end wrench, I've done them so many times I just have a feel for it type of approach, I just follow the pattern and snug them all down, haven't had a base gasket fail yet.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts