Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was browsing AC's site last night and came across some interesting info. Apparently Arctic Cat is going to be releasing something new on Febuary 8th. They only say the it's gonna be the hottest thing on snow?

I wonder what it could be? A production 440 Sno pro in the new chassis? A new 700 twin with valves in the new sno pro chassis? A GSXR 1000 motor stuffed into a new ZR frame (ala Yamaha's RX-1)? A replacement for the Thundercat? Hmmmm.... I wound where we can duig something up!

Mike

2000 Arctic Cat ZL500 - D&D Racing Can, D&D Clutching, Re-Jetted It, 120 Woody's, Various Appearance Acc.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by wacky_woodchuck:

A GSXR 1000 motor stuffed into a new ZR frame (ala Yamaha's RX-1)? [/quote]

This is what I am hoping for, if so then Yamaha again would be playing catch-up. If they release that I will one of the first to buy one!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
16 Posts
Talked to a guy today who is at the cat factory a lot, and he told me that there are a ton of new sno pro chassis sitting on the assembly line. When I asked him what they were making more 440 sno pros for he told me that they were going to be 600's. He also said that the 600 in this chassis is totally new. Guess we will have to wait and see if this is true or if he was just filling me full of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by wacky_woodchuck:

A GSXR 1000 motor stuffed into a new ZR frame (ala Yamaha's RX-1)? [/quote]

This is what I am hoping for, if so then Yamaha again would be playing catch-up. If they release that I will one of the first to buy one!

[/quote]
yamaha will never have to play catch up there always in the lead. and now with the rx-1 there will be time for a smoke and still be in the lead!!!!!

bitten by the viper and never felt so good

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
That kind of attitude around here will not be taken lightly..... brand bashing is a serious offence around here man. Try to keep a positive attitude and an open mind and everyone will be happy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

That kind of attitude around here will not be taken lightly..... brand bashing is a serious offence around here man. Try to keep a positive attitude and an open mind and everyone will be happy.

[/quote]
im not bashing anyone or any brand if i wasnt such a yamafan i would buy a cat for sure just having a little fun with ya . as you know thats half or maybe 3/4 the fun of it.

bitten by the viper and never felt so good

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Ok, sorry to sound like such a hard ass, but we really try to keep it professional around here....
And on that note I will retract my Yamaha playing catch-up comment, as it really was based on no fact, just my opinion. Although if you read some of my other posts you will find that I am one of the biggest supporters of the new Yami, that is one really innovative and dominating sled!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hope it is an improved version of the Yami 4 stroke. How can you improve? I don't know, but deep down I am a Cat fan. Yes, I own a Polaris, but the price I paid for it brand new was unbeatable. Unless it had been free of course.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
529 Posts

[/quote]

Intended by all means don't take this the wrong way, but DUDE lighten up a little. We need to have a little fun with each other. Most of us are so brand loyal we just can't help it some times, at least we keep it clean.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I bet it is just a 2003 sled and it looks like the new Sno Pro. Notice how above the date is the eyes or headlights of the 2002 SnoPro

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
you think cat is using the date as a 'view' of what's coming? i kinda doubt it.

When in doubt- Throttle out!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i just don't think anyone would base an introduction of a new sled on one number, unless it has major significance. and,..........yeah.

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
sorry but I am not following. I mean yamaha released their new product line on Jan 15th that date didn't have any meaning to it that we know of.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
A GSXR 1000 motor stuffed into a new ZR frame (ala Yamaha's RX-1)? A replacement for the Thundercat? [/quote]

WEll really the RX-1 had a totally new chassis designed especially for it. I could really see it be a thundercat replacement.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
ah never mind sled dog- i'm confusing myself too. either way, that day oughta be interesting...

'99 XC SP 500

1 - 20 of 57 Posts