Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were up north for Tip-Up-Town in Houghton Lake MI this past weekend. There was about three to four inches of ice on the lake and about 6-8" of snow. All around it was a great riding weekend except for the few who fell through the ice. Saturday night they had a fireworks display out on the ice and the story is that the guys running the show had there trailer fall through on the way back in. The next day the hole had a thin sheet of ice on it and looked solid but wasn't. We watched them pull an atv out with a truck from the shore. I heard from a firefighter, also the service writer at the snowmobile shop (a whole other story), that three people went through on Friday night. So, if you go up this weekend be safe. For the most part, if you stick to the shoreline, there's not much to worry about. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thanks for the info. Going up there this weekend. Supposed to realy cold this week up there so the ice should thicken some.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am thinking 5 to 6" by the weekend. I think this weekend is going to be alot busier than last weekend too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts