Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last ride this past saturday. Thought I would try something new.
I'm really fond of the last picture myself.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i like the action pics of u walkin up and checkin out the situation.....lol

Give next year chance before we all give up...​

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Yes, I also like the checking the situation pictures.

That last one looks awesome, but it seems like you are driving on the bottom.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yup, kind of "builds up the anticipation". Nice pics. What size is that VMax?

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
no no, thats not a snowmobile, its the new vmax personnal watercraft, and he is getting an early start for summer

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I hit some puddles simiar to that ditchbanging a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, flying through foot deep water, and a patch of cat-tails, is entertaining for only a few secconds. I looked like a wet furball.

-Dean

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a question, it's probably a dumb question, but I don't know a whole lot about watercross. Let's say you don't make it across the pond and your sled sinks. Does the water ruin anything in the motor?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it's a mountain max 700. The run along the bottom was actually intentional. The water is only 8" deep at its worst and there are a lot of large rocks underneath so i didn't want to be planing and nail one and get chucked off. Since it was so shallow a 5 MPH drive was fine. I think it may have been easier to try and get up on plane if it was about 12" deep and smooth on the bottom. Remeber that was the first time I've even thought of doing that, let alone actually doing it.

I'm not proud, my form sucks but it was a blast!!
AND no one else in the group even attempted. hehe BTW the only reason I did is because that sled 99 MM700 only cost me $750 US. LOL

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by snochic:
Does the water ruin anything in the motor?

[/quote]

Only if it sits there. It could rust engine parts, or slowly ruin the electrical system. The guys who watercross will use the same engine over and over several times. After it's out of the water, you can remove a plug out of the bottom of the engine and it mostly drains out. Then dump out the fuel in the tank, and drain the carbs. (that's why they run a small tank, and premix) If the electrical dries out fast enough, then you can start it up again and go. I've tried it a few times with an older sled, it's fun!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
$750 for a 99 MM (yeah I see the extended track now)??? How'd you make that deal?!? Or did you have to dump some major coin into it to get it ride ready. Either way, it looks like a sweet sled.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bman. Cool pics. We were up at the Coq last Saturday as well. Sure has been a lot of snow up there this year eh? Those pics were at the end of the pipeline? Do you know that area very well? My buddy and I just got back into riding this year. What is your favorite spot up there? Henning? 10k? Juliette? Mine Creek? Going to Coalmont? How about the north side? Do you get to Pemberton/Whistler much at all? Looking forward to some nice summer riding! LOL

Please help me, I'm stuck!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Hello Travolta, welcome to the forum!

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tfin, got an inside track on a repo deal where my g/f works. Sweet deal to say the least. After I got it I put a new set of skis and carbides as well as bush/pin/roller for the clutch. Less than $350 US since I got it. For that price, this sled ROCKS!! pardon the pun.

Travolta, you live in the lower mainland? I'm in North Delta. That was only my second trip to the coq. First time I went with a guide that took us all over (about 1/2 way to tulameen??) Being our second time there unguided. I can't really say much about where we were. totally unfamiliar with the area.

We had a
with us so we didn't get too far past the wiskeyjack cabin. We did manage to get up to the top of where the 'super bowl' is?? Its on the way to where they will hold the hillclimb this weekend.

That picture set is from the 'end' of the pipeline as you wrote but as I have heard once you cross the creek you can continue into some great meadows. I was the only one to cross so I didn't bother to continue.

Were you with a large group up there? What sled do you ride? Were you in a motor home or just a day trip pickup like us? Do you have other ride buddies out here too?

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Bman.

Yeah I am from Richmond. My riding buddy is from White Rock. We both rode b4, but just got back into from a 4 year absence. We both ride 02 summit 700's. So we know the Coq a bit better than you. Not a lot mind you. Fun area. Lots of trails and play areas. We just trailer up as we go. Lots of fun. So much snow up there right now! Amazing! It would be cool to hook up. I know the hill climb is there this weekend. Will be very very crazy. We have been playing across the highway as of late. Exploring, learning of the good spots as we go. Email [email protected]

Please help me, I'm stuck!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool stuff Travolta. Won't be able to make the hillclimb this weekend. Travelling to Apex in Penticton for the weekend and then next weekend 12 - 15 again for their hillclimb. My brother and I will be entering that one in the amateur class. Can't wait. they are having the pro circuit snocross up there this time too. First year they've gotten it. Will be a helluva weekend. Lots of pics to post after that.

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts