Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah im seeing alot of pow specials 2000-03 going for like 2000, cand you stand em up? I really want one I can put on the bumper

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You can stand most sleds up by adjusting the limiter straps dirtydan. The thing that matters most is getting the most track to the ground to create speed though....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok copy that, thanks. Ive never been on a powder sp, are they good ones? I mean are they versatile? Obviously good climbers but how about trails?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Powder specials suffer from being a mountain sled when it comes to trails. I know the 600 powder specials had efi, but I also believe that the 700's where carbed. It's hard to find the compromise between trail rideability and off trail goodness. I have almost come to the conclusion that you almost need two sleds. However if you are just riding the trails from spot to spot for off trail I'm sure you wouldn't mind the trail manners. But if you are considering it for 50% or so trail rider it would not be all that good. A 136 with a 1 1/2 lug would be a sled that could ride trails but then nor be at a huge disadvantage off trail.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Exactly what ZR600 said. having weight transfer (ski lift) really does help put the power to the ground. But if you have too much weight transfer, your motor is wasting power by lifting the front of the sled up instead of moving the sled forward. This is why on drag sleds, the skis will only come up a little

1 - 5 of 5 Posts