Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '05 Arctic Cat T660 Turbo Trail with 0 miles on it. I havent been able to drive it yet because of the no snow situation. Does anyone know how fast this sled should go? or have any opinions on this sled?

·
Registered
161 Posts
it probably could do bout 90 easy but i woulden't attempt it till she's broken in

me and my buddy got horror stories for goin overbored right from the get go

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
90? u dont think it would hit 100? its not the touring version so i thought it might go over 90. Yeah ill definately break it in before I do anything crazy, how many miles should i go to break it in? around 500 was what i was thinking. What happend to u and ur buddy?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
You have to remember your T660 is under 100 HP and pretty heavy, it wasn't designed to be a lake racer, it is a pure trail sled...

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Isn't it around like 65-70 hp?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ArticPhil - My sled is not the ST version, it is the black regular (non 2-up) version. 0 miles.

Pance - It's a 660 with a turbo, it puts out 110 hp.

I have only been able to idle it in my garage. Does anyone have any opinions or has anyone heard of any problems with these sleds?
I am a first time buyer, but not a first time rider. I drove one of my friends sleds and I have loved sledding ever since. I'm so happy to have my first sled and I joined this group so i could get some help with some questions I had and so far you guys have been awesome!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
The 660 sazook has been used in Cars in Japan for years, and has it's own racing class.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's a good sled, has a 110hp and will hit a 100mph easy! My brothers break-in was 500 miles. And, you'll like the gas mileage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you know what the break in should be? and what did your brother do while breaking it in? Have you ever driven a t660 and what was the power like. What is the fastest you think it could hit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I drove my brothers for a little bit and it will throw you back when you floor it and the turbo kicks in. As far as handling, I prefer the tighter feeling of my f6, in my opinion.

I can't remember what exactly he did for break-in. arcticchat.com has a whole thread on four stroke break-in if that helps.

As far as how fast will it go? I didn't top it out when I rode it, but I know we were doing over a hundred.

Should be a fun sled for ya, enjoy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good, thanks alot for the info. How much better are the four strokes on gas? How would a t660 short track compare to your F6 on gas mileage. Have you maxed out your F6 and what did you get out of it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've heard around 16mpg or better for the t660 and I haven't measured mpg on mine yet though. Also haven't gone WOT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a friend that has the T660 touring and that is getting almost 18 miles to the gallon. It is a 2-up so it's not generally pushed as hard when we ride, but yes it easily hits 100 and it is sooo quiet!

·
Registered
335 Posts
A t660 turbowill go super fast. It has 110hp so it will reach about 90-100mph. The bad thing is that thing weighs 600lbs which lowers the top end and take off quite a bit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an 04 T660 and love it.[:D] As said it is super quiet gives the sport a whole new feel. For performance comparison I also have an XLT and a 500 xcsp, the T660 has no problems walking away from them. Last winter I was running very very close with an 02 800xcsp. The best speed I have gotten is 100 mph. It is a real thrill to ride especially when the boost pressures are high, it'll take you from 30 to 90 very quickly. I have gotten 21mpg at best so far, 18-19 average. If you like to wrench your toys, there is lots to be gained in the clutches on this machine. I am working on a few things now, need snow to try though.[:p] It seems to hit a wall at 90-95 then it creeps up to 100. When you do get to drive it you can feel there is lots of power there to be harnessed yet.
Overall its a great cruiser, [8D]if you really push it thru the corners be careful, mine tends to push at times, I am running stock skis though.

Oh yeh, your suit will not smell like a chain saw anymore.[;)]

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
For comparision purposes the T660 runs in the 500cc class at most drag races and gets hammered, it is a pure trail sled, plain and simple!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by BearOnt
[br]I have an 04 T660 and love it.[:D] As said it is super quiet gives the sport a whole new feel. For performance comparison I also have an XLT and a 500 xcsp, the T660 has no problems walking away from them. Last winter I was running very very close with an 02 800xcsp. The best speed I have gotten is 100 mph. It is a real thrill to ride especially when the boost pressures are high, it'll take you from 30 to 90 very quickly. I have gotten 21mpg at best so far, 18-19 average. If you like to wrench your toys, there is lots to be gained in the clutches on this machine. I am working on a few things now, need snow to try though.[:p] It seems to hit a wall at 90-95 then it creeps up to 100. When you do get to drive it you can feel there is lots of power there to be harnessed yet.
Overall its a great cruiser, [8D]if you really push it thru the corners be careful, mine tends to push at times, I am running stock skis though.

Oh yeh, your suit will not smell like a chain saw anymore.[;)]
I don't see the T660 being that close to a 800xc at all. Theres roughly a 25hp difference between the two and a fair amount of poundage.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts