Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the track in my 97 xlt limited which has the xtra 12 suspension, the stock track is 121x15x.82
can I fit a 1.5 lug on this sled or will I have issues, is their any reason not to go with a deeper lug? I ask this because I found a great deal on a track with the 1.5 lug.
snow here is generally only 3-8 inches but can go up to 20, snow here in NE ohio is either very soft and powder or wet and very slippery!

·
Registered
85 Posts
jschick said:
I am looking to replace the track in my 97 xlt limited which has the xtra 12 suspension, the stock track is 121x15x.82
can I fit a 1.5 lug on this sled or will I have issues, is their any reason not to go with a deeper lug? I ask this because I found a great deal on a track with the 1.5 lug.
snow here is generally only 3-8 inches but can go up to 20, snow here in NE ohio is either very soft and powder or wet and very slippery!
i have 97 polaris indy 600 with x 10 let me know when you find out i would like longer lugs to thanks good ?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
1 and 1/4 will be the most you can go. I have a 1 and 1/8 on my sled and my track is baaaaarely rubbing on the coolers inside of my tunnel, so that's the biggest i can go unless i get a track that is notched for coolers.
you don't have coolers inside the tunnel, theyre under the running boards. but if you go more than 1.25 you will hit the top of the tunnel and/or your front heat exchanger.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Good Choice, a 1 inch track is plenty better than the stock .82" and since your running studs, it will really bite on the trails

·
Registered
20 Posts
just get the good deal on the track and change the 4 drivers on the front from 9 to 8 maybe a 100 bucks and its was better for everything where i live anyways

1 - 7 of 7 Posts