Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, I haven't been real brand loyal as of late. For sleds/accessories I currently have:

-2004 ProX2 600 (and Polaris Pro X2 cover)
-2007 Yamaha RS Vector (Yamaha cover)
-Arctic Cat face mask thing (balaclava???)
-FXR jacket
-Castle Gloves
-Trukk boots
-Polaris helmet
-Generic snowpants
-Polaris Racing cap
-Polaris rachet straps

I have owned:

-1993 EXT 550 EFI
-1999 Powder Special 600 EFI
-Parts Unlimited cover for the PS
-HJC Helmet
-Arctic Cat jacket
-Arctic Cat gloves
-Arctic Cat mittens

And can't forget Beer. I am pretty loyal to Keystone Light. But love MGD and will purchase it out of state when it isn't Utah 3.2% crap. and drink Coors Original if they have it on tap at the bars.

Vehicles, computers, anything is game here. What types of things have you owned, how many different brands of toys have you had?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
for years i've been brand loyal to polaris and i still love the polaris that existed up until the last couple years. always like yamaha too. not so thrilled with polaris after the edge years. and from recent posts kinda seems like the whole company might not be that great anymore. i intentionally switched away from wearing polaris jackets and stuff a few years ago in case i decided to get a different brand of sled.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]for years i've been brand loyal to polaris and i still love the polaris that existed up until the last couple years. always like yamaha too. not so thrilled with polaris after the edge years. and from recent posts kinda seems like the whole company might not be that great anymore. i intentionally switched away from wearing polaris jackets and stuff a few years ago in case i decided to get a different brand of sled.
I did the same thing with clothing. I had the clothing for the sled I rode once. Then switched brands and was screwed. I got the Polaris helmet because I had $500 in free stuff when I got the X2. It will work because the Polaris on it is real small and post people won't notice. However wearing all AC gear or AC colored gear on the X2 just wouldn't work. I want to get all FXR gear in the future though. Preferably a color that will match all brands.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i'm a big fan of getting clothing on clearance sale lol. i have a slednecks jacket that i got two years ago, grey and red. got that on end of season sale. fox racing pants, black and grey. got them on sale. i think it's cooler to have stuff that doesn't match the sled, personally.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
well
my sled:
yamaha ss 440
polaris 1996 xcf 440
polaris 1996 xcr 440 sp
polairs xc sp 500 1999
2001 xcf sp polris
2002 prox 600 polaris

for cloths i got
2 ski-doo jackets
1 poalaris jackte
2 hjc helmets
tons of difrent brands of gogles
1 slednecks jacket
1 castle x jacket
1 pair of artiva pants
troy lee pants
1 pair of skidoo pants
hmk boots
polaris gloves
skidoo gloves
and some kinda balcava cant remeber which one.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I would say I'm definitely a loyal Polaris rider[:D]
sleds:
1970 Ski-Doo Nordic
1991 Polaris Indy Sport 440
1998 Polaris XLT SP
2000 Polaris RMK
Parents - 1998 Indy Trail Tourings
Sister - 1994 Indu Super Sport

Also have a 1978 Yamaha 750 Special

Wheeler:
1995 Polaris Xplorer 300

When it comes to accessories and clothing I really have no loyalties, FXR jacket, Choko gloves, Polaris bibs and helmet, Rocky Mountain boots

Highway vehicles:
(No loyalty here either)
1988 Plymouth Voyager
1984 Pontiac Sunbird J2000
1997 Dodge Dakota
Parents - 2004 Chevy Tahoe, 1997 Ford F-150

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Not really brand loyal., have Polaris cause it's convenient, but would like an AC Crossfire 600... have a '99 Dakota but would like an F250 or something like that (got a family of 6 and like the pickup styles), have a Mariner 135 but would like a Mercury 115 fourstroke, only for the fuel economy, and wife has the Honda 300FWT but only cause of necesity, would like a Polaris for the CVT only.. so there... {smiley face}

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i think i wouldn't mind having a Rev.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I go where I find a better deal and access to the things I need. In that respect, it's always been Polaris for me. With all things equal in those departments, I'd have a different brand every year.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by erick
[br]I go where I find a better deal and access to the things I need. In that respect, it's always been Polaris for me. With all things equal in those departments, I'd have a different brand every year.
Most everything is equal for me. I have no great hookups to parts and cool stuff that is hard to get. So all brands are game. Prices are relatively the same so why not experiment so you have the knowledge of all brands. Then you have a basis to say that one brand is better than another.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have a ski doo sled
ski doo balaclava
ski doo coat
ski doo pants
off brand boots
Yamaha sno force helmet

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah i rip on other brands but polaris or cat. only doo ive owned was a 73 tnt 400 and the only yamaha ive owned was a 73 gp338 but i look at all sleds equal find the pros and cons of all and that makes up my mind. you know that also debates in the fact that i do like 2 stroke over 4 stroke but im willing to give a 4 stroker a try

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Brand loyalty doesnt come into play for sleds with me. Way too much money to be spending just for a name. Before my Cat i had a Polaris and before that i had a SkiDoo. I think there should be less brand loyalty and more buying what suits you best.

·
Registered
615 Posts
^^^
pretty much the same for me, ive owned arctic cats and now i have 1 a-cat and 1 skidoo. its whatever works and costs isnt over the top,(i think i got decent deals on both).

ive been pretty loyal to gm highway vechiles though. i looked at buying a ford but ended up right back at gm. (it was what was more appealing to me,awhole lot comfortable too!)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.