Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got a 96 xcr 600(as of right now not in working order).but before the problems have started happening with it..on the lake i would line up with my friends 96 FORMULA III 600..and yet not beat him..off the line mid rang OR top end..i know that FIII`S are fast but are they really THAT fast?..if any one has any sugestions on what i can do to maybe keep up with him a little please share your knowlage!!

p.s...its the non sp style..his is totaly stock and i have a SLP clutch kit and 96 steal woody studs

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I know SLP makes some killer tripple pipes that really wake that motor up. But reliability will probably drop even more.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
he has stock tripple pipes, you have a single pipe, with the slp pipes and clutch work you should be able to beat him,
on my 95 xlt with xtra 12 i could beat a 95 twin mach 1 in 600 foot grass drags at my buddies house, at about 700 feet the formula 3 would catch me and pass me.
with some setup you could easily beat him from start to finish

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the one thing that really made me confused..is that before he got his F3..he had a 95 mach 1 670..(we gave it the nick name mach 1 ton cuz it was soo heavey:)) anyways..me and him lined up when he had his mach 1..and i SMOKED it..he had me a little on low end but after about 40 MPH i passed him..but if i could beat his mach 1 670..whats so different about his F3?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
they work alot better and if im not mistakin there a tad lighter. dont listen to everyone that says it cant be done. if theres a will theres away. listen to madcow, he's helped alot of ppl and knows what he's talking about. triple pipes wo go nicely, altho reliability is an issue. i think its SLP has a tough boy kit that eliminates the crank problem. pipes clutching, proper jeting, and a port and polishh will make that thing rip. but if you keep 96 studs in it with those mods your track wont last very long.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i used to drag it with 144 gold digger hookers(took 48 out for trail riding..and now worn away)..and off the line NOTHING could beat it..the front end would come off the ice 2 1/2 and then set back down at about 30..that was also about 4 years ago and had the SLP high proformance air box in it and took it out for reliabilaty..if i ever got pipes for it i would want to rebuild it..its got a lot of hard miles on it..and just dont want go that hard on the motor..yet once i get the time and money i was deff. do it

·
Registered
277 Posts
The old mono-block triple is not going to cut it. Even if you pipe it. I know. I had a XLT with triple pipes. It ran great, but wouldnt beat a case reed triple/triple. Now my next sled, the XCR 600 se case reed triple that was clutched, geared, jetted and chisel toothed, would beat a F3. Just enjoy what you have and save your money for new technology.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
must have been a short race.pretty much any twin can take a triple in the short drag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.