Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My polaris ultra has the xtra-10 suspension, and it sits really low. I had the fox shocks recharged last fall, and I have only put 100 miles on them this year. I am thinking that the suspension springs might be worn out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to raise up the back end of my snowmobile? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I cant tell from your post if you have allready done the usual things to stiffen your suspension. tell us what you have tried and we will help from there. I have the same sled .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the dealer stiffen the fox shocks for me, but that really has been it. I was thinking of putting new springs on it, but I haven't done so yet. My ultra sits lower than other ultras that I have seen. <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by johncooniv:

My polaris ultra has the xtra-10 suspension, and it sits really low. I had the fox shocks recharged last fall, and I have only put 100 miles on them this year. I am thinking that the suspension springs might be worn out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to raise up the back end of my snowmobile? Thanks.

[/quote]

·
Registered
38 Posts
The shock wont do anything for the preload. friend of mine had the same problem. I have the xtra10 and so does he his sat lower and bottomed out lots
he put a new shock in too. but what solved it was new springs. he got stiffer 2up springs and planned on adjusting them softer if needed. Sits taller now.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Did you turn the tension adjusting blocks to high ? did you check the location of the rear scissor stop and put it in the forward position.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tension blocks are in the high position, and the rear scissor stop is in the forward position.

Did you turn the tension adjusting blocks to high ? did you check the location of the rear scissor stop and put it in the forward position.

[/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts