Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,220 Posts
What kind of sled are you talking about here? If it is an Edge chasis Polaris, there will most likely be a little sticker on the pack of the tunnel (above the running boards) that says M-10 by Fast. If you take a picture, someone will most likely be able to tell you.

· Registered
695 Posts
if it says xc 10 on the trailing arms it most likely has extra 10 in the rear. how ever if it was upgraded to an m-10 there will be a rear track shock almost perpendicular to the ground, also it won't look quite natural because it will be really high in the rear compared to the front.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Also, you can't have M-10 suspension all around. There is no such thing as a front M-10 suspesion.

· Registered
3,226 Posts
^^ M-10 does have a better ride quality in my mind, it does make the sled sit higher it does make the sled just a tad tipier . M-10 is good for very long trail rides. Xtra 10 is not bad for long trail rides but compared to M-10 the M-10 is better. if u want to jump M-10 is not bad but xtra 1

· Registered
3,748 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
i have a 5th wheel kit
Never heard of a 5th wheel kit. While it would be possible to fabricate spacers to allow for 5 wheels on the back axle, I've never seen one, and I don't see the point.

Unless of course you are talking about the 5th wheel hitch option, where you can tow campers and large trailers.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
^^ M-10 does have a better ride quality in my mind, it does make the sled sit higher it does make the sled just a tad tipier . M-10 is good for very long trail rides. Xtra 10 is not bad for long trail rides but compared to M-10 the M-10 is better. if u want to jump M-10 is not bad but xtra 1
To finish his interupted thought, M-10 is jump-able, but the xtra-10 will do it better. The xtra-10 is for aggressive trail riding. The M-10 can really take some abuse as well. M10 has lots of travel which is why it is always preferred over an Xtra10. And yes, the M10 is much more expensive (talking $400-$500 used).

· Registered
450 Posts
M-10 is a much more comfortable ride and can take a lot more abuse, but has less of a hole shot. The extra 10 doesn't have much travel, with the m10 having an extra shock. But the hole shot is amazing. I have an 00 xcsp with xtra 10, and I blow my buddy's edge out of the gate everytime. But when the trails get eatin up, he has the better ride, and a less sore of a hind end.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.