Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been lookin for something wrong with my ultra. i just poped the reed caged off the pto cylinder. and heres what i find. the ones facing up the pettals are seated shut and the bottom when i touch them to shit the spring open. is this ok. can i just flip them over if this is not ok? thanks

i flipped them over and the seel now is that ok?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Im pretty sure reeds out the same on a sled than on a mototcross but when im scoping my reeds on my dirtbike. Your looking for any kind of chips, cracks, any obvious damage. When you buy new reeds, they are nice and snug against the cage. When they are worn there will be a little gap between the reed and the cage. Like it was lifting up.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well one was lifting up. so i flipped it over and called it a night. ills e how she runs tomarrow morning

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thats an old lazy trick flippin it upside down, it works but its more prone to break now. Change it soon

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
^^ what he said...

That is a cheap and dirty trick. If you turn them over, they will fail.. Order replacements before you fry the motor.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oooky doky. is there a stock replacement that will be ccheeper and better? like boysen?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I haven't seen any, but I'll look later on today in my books. (need to go get me a new belt, got a couple burn spots from getting stuck learning how to carve in the 20" deep snow we have)

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ok, took a quick look, and don't see anything available to go into the stock cages.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok maybe ill throw in my old v force 1's that i got off my parts sled. do i need to rejet for that?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Ok, took a quick look, and don't see anything available to go into the stock cages.
polarisripper28 said:
ok maybe ill throw in my old v force 1's that i got off my parts sled. do i need to rejet for that?
im 99% sure i read on here a couple times that boyesen makes pedals that screw into the stock reed cage for the ultra..
if they arent in good shape then buy new ones, dont be cheap and end up ruining your motor because of it. you shouldnt need to rejet but check your plugs after to be sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts