Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
My '91 Mach 1 is freezing up with huge chunks of ice on (around) the track. I figured out that it is because I bought the sled off of a pretty big guy and he had the suspension as stiff as it can get. The suspension actually crushes ice before it can get too big. Anyway, looked under the sled and I have a cam adjusting tool for the shocks, but I can't get the darn wrench around the rear shock due to some bars that are in the way. Do I have to adjust all of my shocks for a softer ride? Please give me a hand, I really don't want to wreck my track or anything. If anyone could guide me through it I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

James[?]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think the ice chunks have anything to do with the way the susepnsion is setup.

Did you try a socket wrench with a long extension to adjust the preload blocks?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Jmach,
All liquid cooled machines collect ice around the heat exchangers,
which are inside your tunnel.

How is the ride, is it too stiff? If not then the pre-load is OK.
Before you get on to ride, try to clear the tunnel by picking it up and dropping it from about 8 - 10 inches off the ground.

After rides in very cold temps, put your sled in a heated shop, or stick a small car warmer inside the tunnel and hoard it off with a tarp.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't know about other brands, but our Skidoos are all notorious for the back top idler wheel getting jammed with ice. If you try to run it like that the wheel won't turn and you will wreck the wheel.

We always try to clear it all out by chipping it out with a big screwdriver before each ride. A pain in the butt but necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts