Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I change or increase my oil to gas ratio on an oil injected 1997 Polaris INDY XLT special 600? Is there a screw or something like that?

Thanks!!

He who loves not his country can love nothing

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why do you want to change it? All you need to do is find your oil pump, and make sure the 2 lines on the arm line up with the one on the pump housing (one when the throttle is closed and one when the throttle is wide open).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner said he turned up the oil mixture a little to save on engine wear, I want to put at factory specs.

He who loves not his country can love nothing

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
He must of adjusted what articcat6 was talking about. You need to take your air box off, and maybe a couple of your carbs to have good access to it. Look at the oil pump to see if the arm lines up with the lower mark when the trottle is closed. Then open the trottle up to see if the arm now lines up with the upper mark. If it doesn't, then he's adjusted it somehow by lengthening or shortening the cable. Adjust it back so that the arm and marks line up, and you'll be back to factory specs. Good luck.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i have a 97 xlt sp 600 and on mine i just did like the other guys said just line up the marks after u ride the sled at operating temp take out the plug and look at it then u will know on mine i can put a flash light down there if u look close open and close the trottle and u can see the marks if they are off u will have to dissasemble it only takes a few mins to do so good luck hope we get some dang snow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts