Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Go to the right hand side of the chassis where your foot rests and copy the two numbers you see. One will be the 4 digit model number and the next will be a serial number, usually a five digit. Post the numbers here and we can look up the model info and find out what year you have and the associated motor info.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AKnarrowback said:
Go to the right hand side of the chassis where your foot rests and copy the two numbers you see. One will be the 4 digit model number and the next will be a serial number, usually a five digit. Post the numbers here and we can look up the model info and find out what year you have and the associated motor info.
Sorry, didn't mention looking for yr model on engine only.. s/n is 3559980 hope this helps in identifying

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yes. I know you are looking for the engine information. If I know the model number of the machine I can look up which type of motor it has and then we can get the specific information relating to that motor.

The motor will have a Rotax information tag attached near the rewind housing, this will give the engine type, CC's and serial number for the Rotax factory only. In-order to get the Ski-Doo specs for the motor you need the model number off the tunnel. Ski-Doo uses a four digit model number for each specific model. If you know the number you can look up the model in any number of references and know the name, year of the sled and from that you look up motor information in the shop manual.

Please get the numbers off the tunnel, they will be stamped into an aluminum tag that is riveted to the tunnel and stamped into the tunnel itself in-case the tag has been removed.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
AK, I think he's asking about the actual motor itself, sounds like from his earlier posts he's doing an engine swap and found a replacement motor (440) for this 380 sled. I don't think getting engine info from the chasis would work. Sounds like he's willing to give the engine serial number and see what the year it is.

MXZ, I'd say if you can get ahold of a Skidoo dealer they might be able to help you. I don't know of any site where you give them the engine number and they come back with model year.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scumpman said:
AK, I think he's asking about the actual motor itself, sounds like from his earlier posts he's doing an engine swap and found a replacement motor (440) for this 380 sled. I don't think getting engine info from the chasis would work. Sounds like he's willing to give the engine serial number and see what the year it is.

MXZ, I'd say if you can get ahold of a Skidoo dealer they might be able to help you. I don't know of any site where you give them the engine number and they come back with model year.
Yeah, I bought a 377 motor with the above mentioned serial number... trying to find out yr of engine, etc... I know its a 377, that's about it.
PS; it was advertised on ebay as a ultralight engine

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sorry. I Didn't know it was a replacement motor.

In that case taking to a dealer and having them ID it is your best bet. They might be able to narrow down the year of the motor by what type of fan shroud, electrical connections and other hints they can find. The engine type printed on the engine tag will also give good info since Rotax listed multiple types of engines that had the same CC's.

Good luck!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skidoodoo800 said:
im not an expert but i think its the last two digits so it looks like a 1980 im not 100% but i know it says in the serial number
took it partially apart, look what i find inside motor cover.
Auto part Vehicle Engine

want to fit motor mount like so
Bumper Auto part

skidoodoo800 said:
im not an expert but i think its the last two digits so it looks like a 1980 im not 100% but i know it says in the serial number
Auto part Vehicle Engine

Bumper Auto part
here's my idea... Bumper Auto part
bolts on mag side

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part

holes off approx 1/2 inch on pto side

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
skidoodoo800 said:
Auto part Vehicle Engine

Bumper Auto part

skidoodoo800 said:
Auto part Vehicle Engine

Bumper Auto part
here's my idea... Bumper Auto part
bolts on mag side

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part

holes off approx 1/2 inch on pto side
Think this will work?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found the numbers 3604 01372. Nomenclature says it is a Safari Cheyenne, rotox 503r (labeled on the hood). Could this hood be an 89 to 91 hood on an older machine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts