Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a better home method to getting the stock stickers off your hood besides your fingernail ???????????

·
Registered
625 Posts
Go to a decal place.They have a spray that eats the stickers up and you wipe off.Or can go to a store and get "goo be gone",it takes them off pretty good.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Use a hair drier, and your finger nail to get it started. Use as litle heat as possible, just enough to soften the clue on the decal. Pull lightly but use a constant pressure. I found the heat gun gives to much heat and causes the decal to stetch and break. Once all the decal is gone ,clean up the left over glue with the above mentioned GOO-BE-GONE. Lastly wax the whole hood and it will be nice and shinny. I just did the hood on my old XCR (now my brother-outlaws)took a couple of hours to strip the whole hood,but looks good.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have removed a lot decals in my days.The best way to do it is use a hair dryer or embossing heat gun.For a scraping tool use a piece of and old slide.It works great.It doesnt leave a mark or damage the hood.Just heat a small area ofthe decals at a time and scrap them with the slide.To get the left over residue off use a Goo Gone. Goodluck! Trav

·
Registered
522 Posts
I own a decal shop and just like they said thats what I do heat gun, plastic razor blade and a little goo gone and it looks like new. just my $.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts