Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to gut my pipe on a 1996 ski doo formula 3 600. make it louder. one of my friends drilled holes in there does this affect any thing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
im in correct it couls actually help blow your motor depending on how many or you couls lose performance over it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
gut your can, split it open and take out some stuff or move it around a bit... thast qwhat some people do

·
Registered
477 Posts
if you drill hole in it . it will change the back pressure and it can blow your motor. i did it by drilling wholes in my nitro rc car pipe as a test and it sure made it run hot then it fried.

·
Registered
477 Posts
depend on size if they were like 1/4'' hole is would say that more than 4 would really change it
see you can't run just straight pipe on a 2 stroke like you can on a 4

·
Registered
477 Posts
it will make a difference but not one you will notice but may cut down the life of the engine unless you want run the risk of messing up you motor don't do it

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Originally posted by Revagade800x
[br]LOL, just get a can if you wanted to modify the sounds! forget all those drilling holes ideas!

No doubt. Plus you'll wind up with an oily mess all over the engine compartment. If you want to do it right, cut it open and remove the sound deadening material, then weld it back together.

I hope your not trail riding with this soon to be loud ass sled.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the place i want to drill is were the 3 pips come into a square thing i want to put the hole on the bottom hom many should i do?

·
Registered
129 Posts
just go ahead and dump some sand down the spark plug holes while your at it. Companies don't spend thousands of dollars tuning pipes for no reason... they aren't something to mess with unless you really know what your doing or you want to spend more money later in repair bills.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Like I said and like everyone else has agreed: don't drill holes in your pipes. Forget this idea completely. If you did it we all know in a few months or next year you'd make a post about how you messed up your sled and you're wondering what is wrong. Having your sled loud just for the sake of it being loud is pointless. Loud sleds can serve a purpose, but if you aren't a hotrodder it's stupid. One of the reasons people who hate snowmobiles hate them is the noise they make.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts