Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering how I can confirm that a sled is actually a sno-pro? what major differences would I be able to see?

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
What type of sled are we referring to?

Usually they have SnoPro decals somewhere. Otherwise it will probably have better shocks or a different suspension setup and a bigger lugged track. The older sleds had a different handlebar setup as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
strait bars, riser block, much better suspenson( you can adjust the shocks with a turn of a knob) clear gas tank, different contour of tank, no key, no speedo just to name a few things

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a 98 ZR 500. a couple things that started to make me wonder if it might be a sno-pro is that it has fox shocks with external resivoures, and a team arctic handlebar pad. but it has a speedo on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1998 zr 500 is just that; A zr 500. 1998 Arctic Cat Sno-Pro was a 440 with all the latest race stuff.I believe in order to get one you needed to be affiliated with a race team or program. Later on Cat would put "Sno-Pro" packages on some sleds, different shocks and decals, but a True Sno-Pro is Race-Only.

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
^What he said.

The only SnoPro in '98 was the 440. Cat did have a Cross Country ZR, but that was only the 600. So as stated, your '98 ZR 500 is just that, a '98 ZR 500. The Fox Clickers were probably a Limited Edition type thing, and the 'Team Arctic' barpad was normal for those years...my buddies '98 had one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
in 98 they didn't have a cc those didn't come out till 02. before that it was called a limited.

does it have the knob on in front of the handle bars?

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Originally posted by groaty
[br]in 98 they didn't have a cc those didn't come out till 02. before that it was called a limited.

They were 3 ZR 600 EFI's in '98:
-ZR (standard)
-ZR LE
-ZR LE CC

Most people don't know about the CC, nor what they were (I'm not even sure what made them a CC from an LE), but they DID make them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
Originally posted by groaty
[br]in 98 they didn't have a cc those didn't come out till 02. before that it was called a limited.

They were 3 ZR 600 EFI's in '98:
-ZR (standard)
-ZR LE
-ZR LE CC

Most people don't know about the CC, nor what they were (I'm not even sure what made them a CC from an LE), but they DID make them.
i stand corrected thanks for the heads up. i didn't know that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.