Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals I have a 99 xc700 with the origonal track. I have 192 woodys in it. I have taken a couple of studs out because the stud was broken and have not replaced them. I have had 1 pull through the track. The sled has arround 6500 mils on it. I hope I don't start having more pics pull through but after how many pulled through should I be looking for a new track. Hope all that makes sense.

·
Registered
284 Posts
All depends on how you drive and on what your are driving on. I have a track with 4,000 miles on it (studded)and its about to fall off in pieces. I also have one with 6,000 and it still looks new (not studded).

Keep an eye on it as I have seen studs go through the heat exchangers.

CD

·
Registered
699 Posts
Keep an eye on it as I have seen studs go through the heat exchangers. very good advice my friend had a liquid cooled sled and he had a stud go through the heat exchanger and he was not to happy luckily he found a used one for like 50 bucks or somethin

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
With my old Yamaha Bravo I changed the track when it flew off, but I wouldn't reccomend waiting that long.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
A cousin broke his track doing 90 mph....
took him almost 2 miles to stop.

No brakes without your track, and your tunnel and slides do just that...lol

90 mph toboggan....a good thing he was on the lake.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
A guy up here was driving stupid with an old Elan, or something like that, he would put the sled on it's side, hit the gas (wide open) drop the sled quick, and jump on it, he did that a few times, on the last time he put the sled on it's side hit the gas, and the track flew about 100 feet.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Good thing you were not standing behind him, that could'a left a mark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts