Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
No pics, but all you have to do is take the bolts out on each side (not top/bottom though) and the slide will come right out. There is a mark on one side of the slide - make sure you put it back in the same way it came out, and on the same side. As for cleaning, just take a razor blade and scrape any deposits off carefully and wipe it down. Once it is smooth and clean slide it back in, you can re-use the gaskets if you don't tear them and they look alright.
I clean mine once a year and have never had a problem with that process. good luck

07rmkracer

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Darkstar had a nice write up with pic's! I couldn't find it doing a quick search, can someone find it for him. Its very well done and easy to follow!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by MNSLEDNECK56308
[br]Darkstar had a nice write up with pic's! I couldn't find it doing a quick search, can someone find it for him. Its very well done and easy to follow!
I searched for it also and didnt come up with anything

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Polaris parts microfiche:

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Parts Diagram

[attachment=59271]

Pull a couple of bolts and pull entire assemb.y out. Spray oven cleaner on deposits and let sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Wipe and reapply as necessary. If really hard to remove you can use a scrubby pad but don't scratch or gouge valve. Make sure to reinstall right side up. Pull one at a time so you can use the other one as a guide if you forget which side is up. It's easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I just did mine a couple weeks ago, and I had no idea what I was doing. It was very simple to do though, if you follow what other people have said. There are only two bolts you have to take off on each one, and they only fit back in the right way, so it's impossible to put them in wrong. You could check the bellows when you have them off by pushing the valve up towards the bellows and comparing the two sides for similar resistance. It would probably be better to pull the black plastic caps off when the valves are still installed and visually check the bellows for tears.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
never use anything sharp like a razor blade, knife, screwdriver or anything like that on your VES valves. They have a special coating on them and once you dig into it, well lets just say, not good.

Simple process, once you get them out get some carb cleaner (this will not eat the special coating, and get some scotch brite pads from underneath the kitchen sink (or go buy some from the store). A little elbow grease and a can of the el cheapo carb cleaner will get you back in business in no time. As for why the bellows blew on your sled.....not sure, but make sure you make the valve cleaning a habit of maintenence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts