Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought my sled i was told it had a clutch kit. if it turns out it doesnt have one i would like to put one in..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What rpm does the clutch engage at? Is there a colored spring in the clutch?

·
Registered
918 Posts
^^^ Colored spring says nothing. they all have a colored spring. At least in polaris sleds they do.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Colored spring says a lot...

A spring that's a different color than the stock spring, is a dead giveway that it's clutched..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Colored spring says a lot...

A spring that's a different color than the stock spring, is a dead giveway that it's clutched..
exactly! [thumb]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Spring is the first thing to check to see if your sled is clutched, the nice thing is you can see that from the outside of your clutch.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I ment that if it has a colored spring that dosnt mean that it has a clutch kit. they all come with a colored one. I guess I misunderstood Stormys anwser.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright thanks guys ill look and see if there is a colored spring.. Im not sure what rpm the clutch kicks in at.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Get a hold of your local cat dealer and see what color the springs are supposed to be.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
They are always colored. The question here was WHAT color does it have. If it's not the stock color spring then it's likely clutched.

Also you can check what kind of weights are in the sled, guys will often put in after market weights. Check what helix you have in the secondary, find out what rate the stock is, and you'll know if it's not stock that was as well.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
SledHed89 said:
i have a yellow spring in my 01 edge x 600 and i was also told it had a clutch kit when i bought it what do you think?
That is correct, your sled is clutched. The only yellow spring Polaris used was very weak, used on various Frontier 4-strokes and LongTraks.
i think EPI makes a yellow spring that is pretty popular (EPI is a good aftermarket clutching company). I would assume your ride has an EPI kit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts