1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
1,000 to 2,000 miles per season

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
As many as possible. Going for 2500mi this year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Last year was my first year and I put 700 on thr Viper. Yeah, not the best snow year for us.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Usually don't go off miles or kilometer, but I think it was around 900 "mountain miles" which would equal about 2,500 miles on the trail...

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Depends on how the snow is. When there is good snow it is usually around 2000 + miles.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Not nearly enough,
I only put on like 350 miles last year.
really bad snow year and I had a lot of other things going on, had to finish my cabin. Hoping for 1000+ this season
Oh heres a pic of what kept me from sledding much last year.

Know that its done I can ride.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Sweet cabin 2000 TCMC!!![;)]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very cool. i love the scenery up there.But the farthest i have been is beaver creek.I was trying to get to anchorage but i had a run in with the guy at the border it was $5.00 to get across and the smallest i had was a ten and he told me he would'nt make change and if i wanted to go through i had to give him my ten.lol i almost busted into my asshole routine but then decided not to bother and turned around.lol

But the scenery is second to none. p.s. cant wait to see a pic of your sled sitting in your front yard.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Thanks, Man, I try not to do to much riding around the lake on my sled, prefer the mountains but I do take it out to the lake on occaision. I'll try to get a pic this winter. I can't believe they wanted to charge you to cross the border at Beaver creek. I've come through there many times and never had them charge me anything. Sounds like the guy was being an ass.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was at the weigh scales.we were moving a drilling rig. For the last two winters in a row i drove pilot car on my days off. I only take the north trips and on my way back i always try to get in some riding.

·
Registered
352 Posts
let see last year within the ONE week that i could ride...before the snow melted in FEBRUARY!!! i put 125 miles on it. ANd then we took it up north with some friends and i put 78 miles on it in 2 hours. so this year im sure there will be ALOT!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
hey man you have a cabin on the lake!!! i live just a few miles from biglake....this winter we are going to have to get together and do some rideing if you ever come you outi can be to the lake in like 5 mins...lol why dont you like running your machine on the lake? not enuph poweder?or to many psychos running round on the lake lol.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by Alaskan ExciterII
[br]why dont you like running your machine on the lake? not enuph poweder?or to many psychos running round on the lake lol.
Probely a little of both[?] Nice lookin place though!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I just prefer the mountains. I ride at the lake when my wife insists that we are going to spend the weekend there. Normally during the winter I prefer to find some deep powder somewhere north and rip it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts