Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious how many can ride to the trail from their house? I see alot of pictures posted from residential neighborhoods and got to wondering how many have to trailer to the trail?

I live in the sticks myself, couldn't hit the neighbors house with a stone if I was john elway. Locals have our own trails that end up at the trail. Some ditch banging required but mostly trails to get to and from. I guess I take it for granted that I can come home from work, kick the dog, and jump on the sled.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
at my dads i am like 80 ft from the maine bed which is aweosme. he lives about 4 miles out of town and we own a farm and it just happends that the trail crosses right up the farm road. at my moms i have a couple small connector trails then i get it. but not trailering needed. but i usually ride the ditches

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
its my first year most of the time i will be trailering, but if im stuck i can sled there, 10 mins ride to trails, but i need to cross the longest or second longest street in my town, but its only two laner

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
we've got a grand total of about an inch of snow at my house this year. i ride in maine, about 10 hours from here. i can get to the tug hill area of NY in about 5 - 5 1/2 hours but i don't really like it around there.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
we can sled out our backyard, then ditch bang. but my dad doesnt like hauling the trailer so we just leave the sleds at the cabin and then sled on weekends on trails

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I just drive on the side of some roads and ditch bang and im there, or i can go another way just shoot across a part of the lake and im on them. so i can get on them either way in a max of 5 minutes

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
At home I leave from the house, hit the lake to the trail.
Up north at parents, I leave from garage, ride through the subdivisions roads(about 1/4 mile) to the trail.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I used to be able to leave my house and ride. Now have to trailer about an hour to get to the parking lot then take the trail to go boondocking or play in the powder.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I can leave from my subdivision, which i do but to get to nice trails that i love i dirve 3 hours, do that probly 3-4 times a year. But i do ride probly 2-5 days outa the week.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I voted on trailoring for more then an hour...but now that I think about it there are some trails nearby, although I'm not sure you'd call them trails...just ditches with signs.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]It's against the law to ride a sled withing city limits, all city limits around here. If we ever get enough snow the nearest I can ride is 45 mins away. Frickin Suburbs.

Bryan
Damn them suburbs. I ride anyways.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
SHHHH I do too... gotta take the XLT with now studs down the road for a little BRAAAP'n fun! Neighbors just shake their heads, I live in a U-shaped neighborhood with 4-flats all around. And the city plows our street either last or close to it.

Bryan

·
Registered
901 Posts
i hate trails, i bang the ditches as much as possible then ride the fields. trails are only good to go from point a to point b, we seldom do that. the trails are a mile or less north of my house.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
i go up 4 house on my road cut into a feild and then cross a road then into another feild or what i call private trail then that connects right in to the main trail.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts