Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what a stock SX Viper 700 does for ET's. Anybody put one in a speed run?

I'm looking for 1000 FT speed run or ET times on any surface.

Also would be beneficial to know the same thing on a SX 700R.

I'll take any numbers you got! [:D]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Viper 3.02x10^23mph in 1000ft.
SX700R 2.24seconds in 1000feet.

Just kidding I have no idea and I was doing chemistry homework which sucks.

You never said to be accurate...[;)]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Nice try. [:eek:)]

Anybody got real numbers for those sleds???

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I don't have any reliable radar or lengths for you. But I've personally had my brother's 02' stock Viper up to 114 mph on the digital speedo. Might of gone more, but I let off when I glanced down and saw that. I don't know how much distance it took to get to that reading, but it sure as hell didn't seem to take very long! Definately a quick sled. This was on perfect hard pack conditions on a lake.

Take it for what its worth..........

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
stock viper should be around the 95-98 mph pending driver and conditions, time my best guess would be around the 10 second area, again driver wieght and conditions will change that, if you are looking to speed run time means nothing, if you are looking to ice drag, mph means nothing, they have no relation to each other, you could do 140mph at 10 seconds or 95 at 9 seconds or anything else,

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I don't expect I was actually going 114 mph, we all know speedos lie.

But I have to believe, in good conditions, that a 700 triple power valved engine is going to push the sled to at least the century mark.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that's what i was looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts