Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Working on my first total project and I was hoping for some pointers about attaching a totally new tunnel and drivetrain. FYI I am taking a 74 Lynx II bulkhead, bellypan, hood and attaching a 99 TCMC tunnel 136. I am thinking of putting a phazer motor (compact enough to fit!) and ST long track 136 suspension & drivetrain. I know it will be a can of worms, but thats the challenge. I start the tunnel + front end in a few weeks. ANY HELPFUL ADVISE WELCOME![:p] Any suggestions for a better motor / suspension? That Lynx has a small engine compartment.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
As for how hard i dont know, but make sure you have a pneumatic riveter. There are probably some big nasty rivets in the front end, if it's anything like my sleds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advise. I have a big manual rivet gun, but maybe I should look into an air compressor version. My dad has an air compressor I could borrow. Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did it on my Indy 500 SKS, and it is one helluva project.

Be prepared to completely strip down your sled, you'll need lots of space for all the extra parts. I used a regular old pop rivet gun, and bought the most expensive aircraft grade rivets I could find - the cheaper ones just couldn't suck up before popping. A buddy of mine loaned me a special rivet gun that was adjustable so that you could rivet 180 degrees from the direction of the rivet, rather than the standard 90 degrees, and in some of those tight spots that was a real life saver.

Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like more good advise. I am going to have to look into better rivets. Fortunately the I've got the Lynx stripped naked! What did you put on your Indy? An exact replacement or a completely different rear end?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts