Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question I hope someone knows the answer to. How long should it take for a water pump seal and 2 crank seals to be replaced from an open hood to a closed hood? Thanks in advance![:)]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
It depends on your knowledge, and the tools you have. Replacing the crank seals is about as far as you can go in a sled engine. If you have decent knowledge (and a shop manual for all the torque specs) and all the nessacery tools.....I'm guessing any where between 10 and 16 hrs for the "run of the mill" back yard mechanic like myself.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you talking doing the job yourself or taking it to a shop? Tough call on the shop because it depends on who works on it. I think they have set time rates for jobs though. At least they do for regular automotive tasks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
water pump is easy once you are down to the crank so the thing is how long will it take to get to the crank and back, if i did it and i've done a couple motors and counting pulling them out of a jetski, it took me 3 hours, but thats on some thing i know, on yours about 4-5

·
Registered
146 Posts
It really depends if you want to split the crankcase or not. Some recommend that you do but you can get by without splitting on some. Clutch pulling tools and flywheel puller and without splitting case it will still take a good 4 hours I would guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts