Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?][:D][?]

Was wondering if anyone out there would have an easy answer to how many cc's my Indy is after boring both cylinders .020 over.

Given Stock is 488cc
bore = 72mm /stroke = 60mm
What is my new engine size?

Got my high schooler checking with the math teacher but I'm sure there's an easy ansewr
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
heres the equation

[((7.2^2)x6.0xpie)/4]x2
you have to change the mm to cm and with your new bore the 7.2 will be 7.25

·
Registered
313 Posts
488.78187037377046 is what I get using the displacement calculator http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/calc_displacement.htm
and if you look at the engin parts at Kimpex you get Standard is 72x60=488cc, .020 is496, .040 is 502, and .060 is 509

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you take the square root and divide that by the given amount which would then be multiplied by the base equivilent of the cly. equaled by the cubic inch displacement of each bore you would end up putting your left foot in and turn all about you do the hokie pokie and thats what its all about!! sorry about that I think the other guys are right[:eek:)]lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[:)][:)][:D]
Slam I gotta admit: The first thing I did when I saw the formula you posted was
CRACKED UP LAUGHING. Second thing I did was think that my daughter will have fun solving the equation cause I sure as hell haven't been anywhere near math since I last figured out how many lap dances I could get
for $100.
Thank You It looks to me from yours and the other posts puts it about 495-496. Depends on which one rolls off the tongue better. Thanks All
I'll let you know if she gets it right using the formulas.
Dan

·
Registered
33 Posts
i would say go with 496 because 495 sound like the price of something. you know, like for only $4.95 you can have this piece of crap fishing rod, see you can do that with 496

·
Registered
227 Posts
fish6996, I hope she is figuring out the displacement problem, NOT how many lap dances daddy can get for $100. LOL [:D]

The answer to the dances equation = 1 really good dance [;)]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
...and so kids that is how mommy and daddy met.../snofan/../images/users/SledHead/drinkbeer.gif [:D]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[:p]
496 it is slam
and thanks for the beer sledhead[:D]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts