Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ultra has a blue primary spring, 10/M5 weights in it, the secondary is a silver/blue spring with a stock helix which i think is 34 or 36 degrees in the third hole. PSI told me to run 54 gram weights, what do i have? i can't find that # in my book. the sled runs fine, but doesn't really pull all that hard, it engages @ 4600, spins @ 8900 (psi said 8400-8500). it acts like it aint "grabbin gears". if you get it on hard pack it'll eventually shift out. but as of right know my piped xlt will eat it till bout 65mph.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
same as a 10M 49.5 g

·
Registered
187 Posts
I concure with xcr440. They said to run 54 gr weights, then do that. I'd put in polaris 10-54s. They are 54 gr and will help pull harder and get the rpm down where you need em. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet, thanks. they also told me to run a 44/32 helix, instead of buying one i have a 45/36 laying around, do you guys think that would work better than the stock one i'm currently using?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so i tried the 45/36 helix and WOW!!! way better. now when i went to try different primary weights, all i could find for now was S/55 which i think is a 55gram weight. the problem is now my drive clutch won't open all the way as if the weights are too big at the tip. if i put 10-54 in it, will i run into the same problem?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
are the s55's sled or atv weights. big difference.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good question, the guy that loand them to me is kinda, well.....how do i put it..................not playin with a full deck? anyway, i'll just put in a set of 10-54 like i'm posed to instead of bein a tight ass. who has the best deals on weights? our dealer gives new meaning to the term stealer, so i don't wanna even bother with them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
the S-style weights are atv weights. the tips on those things is way too heavy for your use and the profile is different as well. The helix you put in will affect your clutching as well. what were the rpms with the other set of weights with this helix and what are you shooting for for rpm? I'm not sure who has cheapest weights other than ebay maybe. i get all my stuff at cost so i'm not a good source for anything like that. try parts unlimited, marshalls, slp, hpe, epi, hot seat, dennis kirk, shade tree, or even someone on here. if you need more info, just ask. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Not all S weights are atv's check the race sleds and xcr 440's out that is what they use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts