Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many small dealers are going to quit selling polaris products? now that polaris has state what the dealers must take and how many. My local dealer in northern wi has dropped them, stating they can't possible move and afford the amount of sleds polaris is telling them they must take.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This happend also with skidoo at a marina I used to work at. They wanted him to take like 10 new sled when he had 20 some leftovers. Should be up to the dealer to decide.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told 30 09's, 30 '10 and 30 11's. Most small dealers by me are lucky to move 20 sleds let alone 90.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I have heard of dealers other then polaris doing that as well,seems like it was skidoo a dealer that told me that they had to order so much to be a dealer.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I can see dealers parting out new sleds, just to cover the requirement.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
My local dealer sells a bazillon Poo 4 wheelers. Sleds he cant seem to get rid of. Crappy winters like last just make it harder to do so. We used to haul them to a local auction just so he could try and get his money back out of them.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
My dealer dropped Polaris, which really sucks because it's a great business and they were a benefit to Poo's reputation by being so helpul, even if they weren't able to move a lot of sleds.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I heard Yamaha cut production this last season to give dealers time to sell back stock. Any truth to this????

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I agree all are doing it to some extent. My town now only has Poo. the Yammi dealer closed shop late last fall.

It isn't only these types of vehicle this is happening to. At least 10 years ago Jayco (campers) did the same thing to their dealers.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
In Minnesota, the small dealers are dropping like flies, especially in the South Metro. Lost Tahoe Sports-Rosemount, Lonsdale Lawn and Sport-Lonsdale, Hitching Post-Plymouth, and of course the Big Ten starting in Forest Lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts