Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much abuse an edge chassis sled can take. I know edges are somewhat outdated and pro-x/ iq 440's are much better for jumping, riding hard, but just how far can you push and edge?

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If you run and edge into a brick wall at 70 mph, the sled will be really fu**ed up..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
If you run and edge into a brick wall at 70 mph, the sled will be really fu**ed up..
*this applies for any sled

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
EDGEs are pretty tough. Ive been abusing my '01 for almost 8,000 miles and havent yet managed to break it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
IndyRXL said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Not really. The Cat's will most likely break down before they get there, and the yama-tanks will probably plow right through.. [thumb]

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
IndyRXL said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Not really. The Cat's will most likely break down before they get there, and the yama-tanks will probably plow right through.. [thumb]
LOL, how do you feel the ski doos will do?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
barney said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
IndyRXL said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Skidoo will splatter into mustard

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
MuscleD said:
barney said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
IndyRXL said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Skidoo will splatter into mustard
We've already seen the Ski Doo into a brick wall... It didn't do well at 7 mph, let alone 70...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4S05F8RiaY

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
2010122020625734_23162.jpg
The edge chassis is tough. a lot of people around her have them. (13 in total) And they have did nothing but good. rock solid sleds. Especially the 600, never want to die.

they will always run! Not any IQr, but still a very tough sled. you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
mine has about 7000 very hard miles on it and it keeps going, just refreshed the motor (diddnt have to just wanted to although it did need a base gasket) and i broke one of the rear trailing arm mounts from the foot rest and the otherside was about 75% cracked off other than that its a great sled

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
My 03 edge (my avatar) has 9968 miles on it, and other than a top end, it hasn't needed any major repairs.

It did however start cracks in the clutch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
polaris91 said:
mine has about 7000 very hard miles on it and it keeps going, just refreshed the motor (diddnt have to just wanted to although it did need a base gasket) and i broke one of the rear trailing arm mounts from the foot rest and the otherside was about 75% cracked off other than that its a great sled
not to hi-jack buuuuut.......my trailing arm mount is broken too!! on the right side under the foot rest. how did you fix yours? and how much did you have to take off to do so? thanks (im new to this site but have always loved to ride)

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I havnt been able to push mine to the breaking point yet,pretty tough sleds.
63399.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I raced my '01 Pro-X 440 in semi-pro sno cross in the '00-'01 season and it ended the season as straight as it started. I heard on the '02's they wanted to get lighter so the trailing arms weren't as tough and they'd bend. Don't know if there's any truth to that, just what I heard.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yep.. about a hr ago i went through a ditch at 10ish, shock broke off right under the adjustment and destroyed my trailing arm, control arms, tie rods.. no f-in reason that shoulda happened, it was a small ditch, low speed, just enough to use the weight of the sled against itself... bad shock? idk, im pissed.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
800mtnmod said:
yep.. about a hr ago i went through a ditch at 10ish, shock broke off right under the adjustment and destroyed my trailing arm, control arms, tie rods.. no f-in reason that shoulda happened, it was a small ditch, low speed, just enough to use the weight of the sled against itself... bad shock? idk, im pissed.
could have been cracked for a long time. that little bit of shock finished the job...

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah, just looking at the shock and how it broke makes it look real cheesy.. its all tore apart now and need to find a torsion bar and slide,and shock, sled came with spare trailing arms.
if i cant find any stock shocks what should i look into for after market?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts